Thursday, November 01, 2007

3/4/17: PWF Showdown CVII

Interview:
Brent Albright interview

("Live To Win" by Motorhead played as Brent Albright came to the ring with
Larry Sweeney, who was followed by Kevin Steen to huge boos from the crowd.)

Brent Albright: I'm not going to come out here and waste anybody's time.
Chris Benoit! Get out here!

("Whatever" by Our Lady Peace played as Chris Benoit came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd.)

Brent Albright: Chris, at PWF SuperClash, you defeated me. No man has done that
in eight months. Generally, I'd come out here with Sweeney and the rest of the
Kings of Wrestling and yell and scream about how I'm going to end your career
and not be finished with you until I say so, but not this time. Chris, I've
always respected you and I've always wanted to be considered an equal by you.
Chris, I respect you and I respect the fact that you beat me.

Chris Benoit: Brent Albright, I've always thought you were nothing more than a
coward looking out for his own best interests, but I stand corrected. Brent,
you've achieved a lot already here in the PWF and having watched you over the
past few months, I realize, I had you wrong. You want out of your current caste
system and I understand that. Brent, I do respect you now and I do consider you
an equal.

(Benoit and Albright shook each other's hand.)

Larry Sweeney: Albright, what the fuck do you think you're doing? You're a
member of the Kings of Wrestling; you're not out here to make friends with
Chris Benoit!

Brent Albright: Sweeney, it has occurred to me of late that the only reason I'm
a member of the Kings of Wrestling is to do Chris Hero's dirty work. My job was
to protect the PWF World Heavyweight Championship, but that doesn't belong to
him anymore. As a matter of fact, Larry, my membership in the Kings of
Wrestling doesn't belong to me anymore.

(The fans cheered Albright's statement.)

Larry Sweeney: Brent, you're not simply walking away because you decided to.
Nobody leaves the Kings of Wrestling unless Chris Hero tells them to.

Brent Albright: Larry, you go tell Chris Hero that he can take his Kings of
Wrestling and shove them up his ass.

(The fans cheered Albright. Sweeney grabbed a hold of Albright.)

Larry Sweeney: Brent, you un-grateful, no good, son-of-a-bitch! You've just
made the worst mistake of your life.

(Steen charged at Albright, but was halted by Benoit, who back body dropped
Steen to the mat. Albright shoved Sweeney and quickly applied the Crowbar to
him. Kings of Wrestling members Chris Hero, Ric Flair and Claudio Castagnoli
hit the ring. Castagnoli tried to pull Albright off of Sweeney, but was
unsuccessful. Benoit began throwing chops at Hero and Flair. Steen got to his
feet and helped Castganoli pull Albright off of Sweeney. Hero poked Benoit in
the eyes as Flair worked over him in the corner. The Kings of Wrestling began
beating down Albright and Benoit when Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko returned
to the PWF and cleared the ring of Hero, Flair, Castagnoli, Steen and Flair.
Albright, Benoit, Guerrero and Malenko stood in the ring together as the Kings
of Wrestling scattered to the aisle way.)

Brent Albright: Hero, like I've always been taught by you, make sure you have
somebody watching your back and guess what? I finally do. Difference is, we're
not going to treat each other like peons. Amongst us four, it's all for one.
Our Capital Regime is more than prepared to stand toe to toe with your Kings of
Wrestling, any day of the week!

(The fans cheered the new stable, The Capital Regime of Albright, Benoit,
Guerrero and Malenko as they played to the crowd.)

---

Ted DiBiase made Paul London submit to the Million Dollar Dream in 0:20:17.
Rating: ****
(Ted DiBiase retained the PWF Million Dollar Championship.)

Curt Hennig pinned Joey Matthews with the Perfect Plex in 0:20:17.
Rating: ****
(Curt Hennig retained the PWF Openweight Championship.)

Alex Shelley pinned CM Punk with the Shell Shock in 0:30:28.
Rating: **** 1/4

Border City Connection (Christian and Edge) defeated
Can-Am Express (Chris Jericho and Lance Storm) when Edge pinned L. Storm
with the Concussion on Delivery in 0:34:32.
Rating: **** 1/4


(Card rating: **** 1/4)

---

PWF Showdown CVII
March 4, 2017
-During the event, Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko returned to the PWF and joined the new stable, Capital Regime, consisting also of Brent Albright and Chris Benoit.
-Following the event, the PWF Quadrathlon Survivor Championship was vacated due to Brent Albright leaving the Kings of Wrestling stable and thus no longer being apart of the current team of champions.