Tuesday, November 13, 2007

10/14/17: PWF Showdown CXXII

Interview:
Kings of Wrestling interview

("We Are The Champions" by Queen played as the Kings of Wrestling: Chris Hero,
Ric Flair, Claudio Castagnoli, Kevin Steen and Larry Sweeney came to the ring
to boos from the crowd.)

Larry Sweeney: Generally, I'd come out here and play up the fact that Larry
Sweeney looks terrific, but I'm not in the mood. I'm not in the mood to be
bothered and I'm not in the mood to be agitated. PWF WarGames is approaching
and this is where these four men show the world what being the Kings of
Wrestling is all about! Chris Hero is the PWF! Chris Hero is the reason there's
a ring here tonight! Chris Hero is the king of wrestling himself and he'll go
marching forward flanked, by that of champions!

Ric Flair: I've always said that to be the man, you've gotta beat the man.
That's exactly what we have going on right now! There are seven groups of men
who seem to feel they have taken control of the PWF. There are seven groups of
men who seem to feel that they can do or say whatever they want, whenever they
want!

(Flair took off his sport coat.)

Ric Flair: There are seven groups of men who don't seem to realize that to be
the man, ya gotta beat the man and at last check, I'm still standing! Woo!

(Flair bounced off the ring roped and elbow dropped his sport coat.)

Ric Flair: WarGames is a matter of survival and there ain't a man on the planet
who knows better than I do about survival. I've survived promoters. I've
survived divorces. I've survived plane crashes. If anybody doesn't think that
we Kings of Wrestling can't survive WarGames, then they haven't been watching
pro-wrestling!

Chris Hero: Personally, I feel insulted that the Kings of Wrestling are forced
to participant in an event that determines the top faction in the PWF. There
hasn't been a group of men longer lasting than my Kings of Wrestling and there
won't be anytime soon. I have nothing to prove to the other seven teams
involved in WarGames. I've proven myself to every member of the PWF by being at
the top of the PWF from the day I got here. PWF WarGames? To me, it's a matter
of simply putting an end to the questions and doubts that some people have
conjured up listening to a few blowhards running their mouths. I am the king of
wrestling and I am everyone's hero. PWF WarGames will simply showcase all of
that.

(The Kings of Wrestling left the ring.)

---

Triangle Match:
AJ Styles defeated Rey Bucanero and Rey Mysterio Jr.:
x Bucanero beat Mysterio Jr. via the Flying Twisting Elbowdrop in
0:15:20
x Styles beat Bucanero via the Styles Clash in 0:30:03
Rating: **** 1/2

Interview:
Greatest Stable Period interview

("Limb From Limb" by Motorhead played as the Greatest Stable Period: Adam
Pearce, James Gibson, Roderick Strong and BJ Whitmer came to the ring.)

Adam Pearce: What is war, but an excuse for a group of men controlling other
men and telling them, protect us all. In a lot of ways, that's the way I feel
about the Greatest Stable Period. The difference is, I am the other man. I take
full responsibility for the success or failure of the Greatest Stable Period. I
stand on the front line and defend what is mine to the best of my ability.
There are seven other men, who I am sure feel the same way about their own
stable. However, they're not members of the greatest stable of them all. The
PWF of late has been quite the mine-field. It's exploded at times when nobody
expected to and then it's been silent when nobody thought it would. Adam Pearce
is the man who will make sure his group of warriors survives at PWF WarGames.
Adam Pearce will rise or fall inside of a steel cage. Adam Pearce will bring
his men to the promise land or fall with them into the pits of obscurity. I owe
it to myself and each man standing with me in this ring right now to go to
WarGames, stand by them and take what is ours. WarGames, we show the rest of
the PWF why we are in fact: the Greatest Stable...Period.

(The Greatest Stable Period left the ring.)

---

Triangle Match:
Kennedy Alliance (Giant Bernard and Travis Tomko) defeated
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) and
Bryan Danielson and Davey Richards:
x D. Richards beat J. Briscoe via the Shooting Star Press in 0:17:21
x Tomko beat D. Richards via the Chainsaw Kick in 0:35:05
Rating: ***
(Kennedy Alliance (Giant Bernard and Travis Tomko) retained the PWF World Tag Team Championship.)

Interview:
Can-Am Express interview
("Break Down The Wall" by Jim Johnston played as the Can-Am Express: Chris
Jericho, Lance Storm, Jerry Lynn and Alex Shelley came to the ring to a mixed
reaction from the crowd.)

Chris Jericho: Everybody is weighing in with their thoughts and feelings of the
upcoming WarGames challenge and the Can-Am Express will not be ignored. Some
like to claim that this is the opening shot in the battle that has sprung up
inside the PWF. I claim that this is the beginning of the end for all rivals of
the Can-Am Express! Lighting quick speed and undeniable talent will stand in
the WarGames cage and we will not allow ourselves to ease up or take anybody
lightly. Just because we enjoy ourselves on the microphone doesn't mean we're a
group of guys to take lightly, either. I'm the reigning PWF Champions Cup
winner and if it weren't for a certain schmuck by the name of Ken Kennedy, I'd
be PWF World Heavyweight Champion. At WarGames, we only hope that we get our
hands on those who have tried to stop our excellence. We can only hope that the
man with the book does the right thing and hands us our feast when we demand
it. To be excellence is clearly to be Jericho. To be a survivor is clearly to
be a champion. WarGames, we'll bring the spunk, all of the other seven teams
need to do is the show up!

(The Can-Am Express left the ring.)

---

Bret Hart and Samoa Joe battled to a double pin in 0:40:22.
Rating: **** 1/4
(Samoa Joe retained the PWF World Heavyweight Championship.)


(Card rating: ****)

---

PWF Showdown CXXII
October 14, 2017