Wednesday, November 28, 2007

3/31/18: PWF Battle Lines 2018

Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson, Davey Richards and AJ Styles defeated
Los Guerreros del Infierno (Atlantis, Averno, Mephisto and Perro Aguayo Jr.)
when McGuinness pinned Atlantis with the Tower of London in 0:33:27.
Rating: *** 1/2

Capital Regime (Austin Aries, Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko) defeated
Greatest Stable Period (BJ Whitmer, James Gibson and Roderick Strong) when
Malenko made Whitmer submit to the Texas Cloverleaf in 0:22:37.
Rating: ****

Samoa Joe defeated Umaga when Umaga passed out in the Rear Naked Choke in 0:30:10.
Rating: **** 1/4

Chris Hero pinned Chris Jericho with the Hero's Welcome in 0:30:09.
Rating: **** 1/4

Adam Pearce pinned Brent Albright with the Rack Bomb in 0:36:37.
Rating: *****

Triangle Match:
Mistico defeated Black Tiger IV and Tiger Mask IV:
x B. Tiger beat T. Mask IV via the Black Tiger Bomb in 0:15:40
x Mistico beat B. Tiger via the La Mistica in 0:30:46
Rating: *** 3/4
(Mistico retained the PWF Openweight Championship.)

Joey Matthews and Jimmy Rave defeated
Los Guerreros del Infierno (Rey Bucanero and Ultimo Guerrero) when Matthews
pinned Bucanero with the Inverted DDT in 0:30:41.
Rating: *****
(Joey Matthews and Jimmy Rave won the PWF World Tag Team Championship.)

Mike Quackenbush pinned Eddie Guerrero with the Quackendriver in 0:35:17.
Rating: **** 1/4
(Mike Quackenbush retained the PWF Double Crown Championship.)

Bret Hart made Ken Kennedy submit to the Sharpshooter in 0:40:42.
Rating: *****
(Bret Hart retained the PWF World Heavyweight Championship.)

Interview:
Extreme Championship Wrestling returns

(Following the PWF World Heavyweight Championship match between champion Bret
Hart and challenger Ken Kennedy, Paul Heyman stepped into the ring and stood
with Kennedy.)

Paul Heyman: Hitman, congratulations, you've defeated Ken Kennedy and have made
my decision for me. Bret, you are without a doubt the greatest World Champion
the PWF has ever seen and for that, I commend you. However, I also must inform
you that it disgusts me and a large group of men who are tired of watching you
run around with that title belt. I've tried this once before, but previously, I
was acting on strictly emotion. This time, it's all about an even playing
field. Bret, you know at the end of the day you have to do what you feel is
right and I've never felt more right in my life. Ladies and gentlemen, as of
right now, I no longer work for the PWF. As of right now, I work for ECW.

(The crowd buzzed with excitement.)

Paul Heyman: The PWF and I have never been right for each other and never will
be. Jim Cornette, this is my way notice and if you like, I'll sign it in blood
across your fucking face! The PWF can go fuck themselves for all I care,
because my tribe of warriors aren't working here anymore. Any man who thinks
he's got what it takes to compete in ECW, you can follow me out the door of the
PWF and come work for me.

(PWF Owner Jim Cornette came to the ring.)

Paul Heyman: Jim, last time I went this way, it was simply about a fight
between your guys and my guys. This time, there's not going to be any great war
spanning months and months. This time, I'm packing up and going back to the
place I know best: the cold, hard canvas of the ECW ring. Jim, you and I both
know some of your guys are going to tell me to go fuck myself, but you and I
also know, there are some who are going to follow my lead. Jim, next time I see
you will be through a television screen and vice-versa, because ECW lives and
it's not inside the PWF.

(Heyman quickly broke his cell phone over the head of Cornette and left the
ring as Kennedy followed him out of the arena.)


(Card rating: **** 1/2

---

PWF Battle Lines 2018
March 31, 2018
Event #422

-Following the event, Ken Kennedy, Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Davey Richards, The Briscoe Brothers: Jay & Mark Briscoe, Umaga, Abyss, Giant Bernard, Travis Tomko, referees Mike Kehner, Jim Mollineux and John Finnegean left the PWF and joined Paul Heyman's ECW promotion.

-Following the event, Atlantis, Perro Aguayo Jr., Rey Bucanero, Ultimo
Guerrero, Averno and Mephisto left the PWF, disbanding the Los Guerreros del
Infierno stable.

-Following the event, Dave Finaly left the PWF.

-Following the event, PWF Owner Jim Cornette announced the hirings of Brian Hildebrand and Paul Turner to serve as referees alongside Nick Patrick.