Thursday, November 08, 2007

7/1/17: PWF Showdown CXV

Interview:
Greatest Stable Period interview

("Limb From Limb" by Motorhead played as the Greatest Stable Period: PWF World
Tag Team Champions Adam Pearce & Roderick Strong, James Gibson and BJ Whitmer
came to the ring to boos from the crowd.)

Adam Pearce: Second place. Next best. Ultimately, not good enough. PWF
Champions Cup I went through the PWF World Heavyweight Champion Samoa Joe. I
went through Edge and I went through Brent Albright. The man I couldn't get by
was Chris Jericho. I was close enough to the crown that I could have reached
out and touched it; only to find it wasn't there. I was defeated by Chris
Jericho and I hold no ill-will towards Chris Jericho for defeating me. He
wanted it more and he got it done. I've been informed that come PWF GrandSlam,
it's Samoa Joe versus Chris Jericho versus yours truly in a triangle match for
the PWF World Heavyweight Championship. I pinned the champion and thus am in
line for a title shot. The difference between Champions Cup and GrandSlam is,
when I reach out and touch it, I'm not going to find nothing there. I'm not
settling for second best and I'm not settling for not good enough. I'll settle
for the PWF World Heavyweight Championship and nothing else is acceptable.

(The Greatest Stable Period left the ring.)

---

Kings of Wrestling (Claudio Castagnoli and Kevin Steen) defeated
Border City Connection (CM Punk and Rhino) when Castagnoli pinned Punk with the
Ricola Bomb in 0:26:02.
Rating: **** 3/4

Kennedy Alliance (Abyss and Umaga) defeated
Capital Regime (Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero) when Umaga pinned Malenko
with the Samoan Spike in 0:30:23.
Rating: *** 1/4

Kennedy Alliance (Giant Bernard and Travis Tomko) defeated
Greatest Stable Period (BJ Whitmer and Roderick Strong) when Bernard pinned
Strong with the Bernard Bomb in 0:20:12.
Rating: *** 1/4

Four Corners Match:
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) defeated
Paul London and Brian Kendrick, Bryan Danielson and Davey Richards and
Austin Aries and Jimmy Rave:
x Aries beat B. Kendrick via the 450 Splash in 0:16:13
x D. Richards beat Rave via the Shooting Star Press in 0:31:07
x M. Briscoe beat D. Richards via the Cutthroat Suplex in 0:40:07
Rating: ****


(Card rating: *** 3/4)

---

PWF Showdown CXV
July 1, 2017