Thursday, November 01, 2007

3/11/17: PWF Showdown CVIII

Rhino pinned Lance Storm with the Gore in 0:25:03.
Rating: ****

Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko defeated Austin Aries and Jimmy Rave when
E. Guerrero pinned Rave with the Frog Splash in 0:34:49.
Rating: *** 3/4

Interview:
Ken Kennedy interview

(Backstage in their locker room, Ken Kennedy and Paul Heyman sat at a desk,
discussing business.)

Ken Kennedy: Paul, we just had our opportunity to take what is ours and we
failed. Paul, I can't have this happening. I want what is mine and I want it
now.

Paul Heyman: I understand you want the PWF World Heavyweight Championship.
That's the entire reason we came up with this plan to bring about the Kennedy
Alliance. We started strong in December and we're still in good shape. We've
got the force and we can take Samoa Joe down.

Ken Kennedy: I agree, but I'm not interested in dragging out a war with Joe. I
want the title and I want it now. Paul, you understand better than anybody,
taking control of a situation and molding it into your own can pay dividends
and make people fear you. Paul, I understand it's still early in the going, but
we do have our fallback option.

Paul Heyman: Do you really want to go that route? I know it's been awhile and
time heals all wounds, but do you think he'd go for it?

Ken Kennedy: We were allies first, enemies seconds. I respect him, he respects
me. He'd go for it and he'd be an able lieutenant. He was the toughest foe I ever
dealt with and I think it's time you gave him a call.


Paul Heyman: I'll take care of it.

Ken Kennedy: Make sure you tell your boys, Umaga, Bernard, Tomko and Abyss that
they are to continue running through other members of the PWF, otherwise, I'll
have to push the button on them.

Paul Heyman: I've got them under control. They know what they're supposed to
do.

(Kennedy sat and stared up thinking as Heyman left the room.)

---

Greatest Stable Period (Adam Pearce and James Gibson) defeated
Nigel McGuinness and Jerry Lynn when Pearce pinned J. Lynn with the Rack Bomb
in 0:30:36.
Rating: **** 1/4

Curt Hennig pinned Brian Kendrick with the Perfect Plex in 0:25:32.
Rating: *** 1/2
(Curt Hennig retained the PWF Openweight Championship.)


(Card rating: *** 3/4)

---

PWF Showdown CVIII
March 11, 2017

-During the event, the card for PWF Battle Lines 2017 was announced:

*PWF World Tag Team Championship match: Greatest Stable Period (Adam Pearce &
Roderick Strong (c) vs. Can-Am Express (Lance Storm & Jerry Lynn) vs. Border
City Connection (Edge & Christian)
*Kennedy Alliance (Ken Kennedy, Umaga & Abyss) vs. Samoa Joe and The Briscoe
Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
*Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Ric Flair) vs. Capital Regime (Brent
Albright & Chris Benoit)
*Kennedy Alliance (Giant Bernard & Travis Tomko) vs. Bryan Danielson & Davey
Richards
*Can-Am Express (Chris Jericho & Alex Shelley) vs. Border City Connection
(Rhino & CM Punk)
*Greatest Stable Period (James Gibson & BJ Whitmer) vs. Nigel McGuinness and
Austin Aries
*Kings of Wrestling (Claudio Castagnoli & Kevin Steen) vs. Capital Regime
(Eddie Guerrero & Dean Malenko)
*Ted DiBiase & Curt Hennig vs. Mike Quackenbush and AJ Styles