Thursday, November 08, 2007

7/15/17: PWF Showdown CXVI

Interview:
Can-Am Express interview

("Break Down The Wall" by Jim Johnston played as the Can-Am Express: Chris
Jericho, Lance Storm, Jerry Lynn and Alex Shelley came to the ring to cheers
from the crowd.)

Chris Jericho: As of right now, I am the best the PWF has on the roster and at
PWF GrandSlam I get to cement my standing by becoming the PWF World Heavyweight
Champion! I'm the king of the world! I am the Ayatollah of rock 'n' rolla! I am
the human highlight reel!

(Jericho posed as the crowd cheered him.)

Chris Jericho: Now, I'm sure there are some out there saying to themselves,
`Wow, he's quite full of himself.' To that theory, I say, it has nothing to do
with being full of myself or being arrogant. I am your role model and I will
lead the PWF to glory as its PWF World Heavyweight Champion. Samoa Joe, Adam
Pearce, it doesn't really matter, because at this point, I am the proving
ground. I am the measuring stick. I am the number one contender and one sexy
beast! To be Jericho is to be excellent, because ladies and gentlemen, Jericho
is excellence! Joe, Pearce, stand aside as the rock star is coming to PWF
GrandSlam and he's walking out with the gold.

(The Can-Am Express left the ring.)

---

Love Machine pinned Alex Shelley with the Frog Splash in 0:26:18.
Rating: **** 1/4

Perro Aguayo Jr. pinned Shocker with the La Lanza in 0:31:19.
Rating: *****

Dr. Wagner Jr. and Silver King defeated Rey Bucanero and Dos Caras Jr. when
S. King pinned Bucanero with the Moonsault in 0:30:47.
Rating: **** 1/4

Triangle Match:
Juventud Guerrera defeated Psicosis and La Parka:
x Psicosis beat La Parka via the Psycho Guillotine in 0:21:17
x J. Guerrera beat Psicosis via the Juvy Driver in 0:36:22
Rating: ****

Black Tiger IV and Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated
Tiger Mask IV and Rey Mysterio Jr. when Chavo Jr. pinned Mysterio Jr. with the
Gory Bomb in 0:30:18.
Rating: **** 1/2


(Card rating: **** 1/4)

---

PWF Showdown CXVI
July 15, 2017

-During the event, the card for PWF GrandSlam 2017 was announced:

*PWF World Heavyweight Championship match: Samoa Joe (c) vs. Chris Jericho vs.
Brent Albright
*PWF Double Crown Championship match: Nigel McGuinness (c) vs. James Gibson vs.
Mike Quackenbush
*PWF Openweight Championship match: AJ Styles (c) vs. Mistico
*Capital Regime (Brent Albright & Chris Benoit) vs. Kings of Wrestling (Chris
Hero & Ric Flair) vs. Kennedy Alliance (Ken Kennedy & Dave Finlay) vs. Border
City Connection (Edge & Christian)
*Los Guerreros del Infierno (Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero) vs. Blue Panther &
Negro Casas