Friday, November 16, 2007

1/6/18: PWF Showdown #127

Interview:
Bret Hart interview

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as the new PWF World Heavyweight Champion
Bret Hart came to the ring to huge cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: It really is hard for me to put into words my recent situation. No
more than three months ago, I was retired. Chris Benoit, who despite our
previous problems, did what I hope any friend would for another. Benoit stepped
up and helped pave the way for me returning to the PWF. Brent Albright, for
your own sake, I hope you realize that watching your back is a man who will put
his career on the line for you. Albright, I'm not going to get into it with
you, but I'd recommend you keep your head on straight and your eyes on the
prize, which I currently hold.

(The fans cheered Hart.)

Bret Hart: Winning the PWF World Heavyweight Championship again truly is
something I didn't think I'd be able to do. It's humbling, but it's also what
will drive me to compete in the PWF from here on out. I don't have anyone
flanked to my left and right. I don't have a group of guys doing my work for
me. I stand alone. I am the PWF World Heavyweight Champion for the fourth time
and I welcome all-comers who want to try and steal my crown. I welcome all
challengers and will prove once again why I am the best there, the best there
was the best there ever will be.

(Hart left the ring to huge cheers from the crowd.)

---

Tiger Mask IV pinned Negro Casas with the Tiger Suplex in 0:30:20.
Rating: ****

Interview:
Can-Am Connection interview

("You've Got Another Thing Coming" by Judas Priest played as the Can-Am
Connection: Chris Jericho, Edge, Christian, Lance Storm, Jerry Lynn and Alex
Shelley came to the ring to boos from the crowd.)

(Jericho posed as the fans booed him.)

Edge: There is no denying that the Border City Connection had the right idea,
but there's also no denying the Border City Connection didn't have the proper
personnel in place. CM Punk, a glorified hack. Sure, Rhino takes orders, but
when he doesn't complete the order, what good is he? Don Callis. Don, you
certainly talk a big game, but that's all you were good for. Don, you want to
call yourself "The Virus?" Well, you were the virus holding Christian and I
down. Joining up with Chris Jericho and the Can-Am Express to create the Can-Am
Connection was the smartest thing I've done since stealing Matt Hardy's
girlfriend.

(The fans booed Edge.)

Christian: They love ya. They hate ya. In the end, it's a simple matter of how
you perform. Coming back to the PWF started out as I expected, but it tailed
off somewhere after that. From here on in, we're not taking any shit from
anybody. Whether it is Ken Kennedy, Chris Hero, Adam Pearce, Brent Albright,
Samoa Joe or even Bret Hart. We're going to do what we want, when we want,
because we're better than all of you!

(The Can-Am Connection left the ring.)

---

Jimmy Rave and Joey Matthews defeated Bryan Danielson and Davey Richards when
Matthews pinned D. Richards with the Inverted DDT in 0:25:41.
Rating: **** 1/4

Interview:
Greatest Stable Period interview

("Limb From Limb" by Motorhead played as the Greatest Stable Period: Adam
Perace, James Gibson, Roderick Strong and BJ Whitmer came to the ring a mixture
of cheers and boos from the crowd.)

Adam Pearce: What should have been the crowning moment of my career has turned
into me becoming even more focused and determined than ever before. Chris
Jericho and Edge felt the need to fuck me, and Brent Albright over at Battle
Final. I don't speak for Brent Albright and I am not involved with his
business, but I do speak for the Greatest Stable Period. Jericho, Edge, if you
two cowards want to make me take myself to another level, you've begun the
rise. You don't fuck with a guy who refuses to settle for second place. When
you two smashed my head from side to side with a pair of steel chairs, you
actually did me a favor. What you did was piss me off. I'm one of those people
who performs better when he's pissed off. Whenever you two want to be men and
step in the ring with me, you tap me on the shoulder and tell me when and
where. However, the next time you two sons-of-bitches want to be cowards, you
make sure you scream it in my ear, so I can bring myself to the next level.

(Pearce led his stable of the ring to a mixture of boos, with cheers drowning
them out.)

---

Los Guerreros del Infierno (Atlantis, Averno, Mephisto and Ultimo Guerrero)
defeated Los Gringos Locos (Art Barr, Black Warrior, Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Eddie Guerrero) when U. Guerrero pinned Chavo Jr. with the Ultimo Guerrero-Plex in 0:39:45.
Rating: *** 3/4

Mistico made Blue Panther submit to the La Mistica in 0:30:26.
Rating: **** 1/4
(Mistico retained the PWF Openweight Championship.)


(Card rating: ****)

---

PWF Showdown #127
January 6, 2018

-During the Los Guerreros del Infierno vs. Los Gringos Locos match, Eddie
Guerrero tagged in Chavo Guerrero Jr. Eddie stood in the ring as Chavo went
after Ultimo Guerrero. Eddie quickly attacked Chavo and began stomping on his
face. Art Barr and Black Warrior tried to pull Eddie off of Chavo, but were
met by Atlantis, Averno and Mephisto who beat down Barr and Warrior. Ultimo
Guerrero executed the Ultimo Guerrero-Plex on Chavo and covered him as Eddie
twisted his boot across the face of Chavo and joined Los Guerreros del
Infierno.

-Following the event, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Art Barr and Black Warrior left the
PWF.