Friday, November 09, 2007

8/5/17: PWF Showdown CXVII

Interview:
Ken Kennedy interview

("Ghost of the Navigator" by Iron Maiden played as Ken Kennedy came to the ring
with Paul Heyman to boos from the crowd.)

Ken Kennedy: `Why in the world would you assist Samoa Joe in retaining the PWF
World Heavyweight Championship?' A common question amongst members of the PWF
right now. It's quite simple. If I can't have it, then neither will anybody
else. Chris Jericho, Adam Pearce, you two better understand that it doesn't
matter to me if you two were the finalists in the Champions Cup. Jericho, it
doesn't matter to me if you won the tournament. This is business and I will not
tolerate anybody, but me, wearing the PWF World Heavyweight Championship! Now,
Samoa Joe, you piece of fucking garbage, bring my title out here right the fuck
now!

("The Champ is Here" by Jadakiss played as PWF World Heavyweight Champion Samoa
Joe came to the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

Samoa Joe: Kennedy, I'm going to tell you one last time, I am the PWF World
Heavyweight Champion and I don't cater to you, or to anybody. I defend my title
against the top contender and last time I checked, you've been defeated by me
every time we've stepped in the ring, one-on-one. You're not on the list of
contenders, so shut your mouth before I do it for you.
Ken Kennedy: Joe, now you've offended me and all of my soldiers. Joe, you'll do what I tell you and do it when I tell you to. Hand over my title, right fucking
now!

(Joe got in Kennedy's face.)

Samoa Joe: Fuck you.

(Kennedy sighed and hung his head as Heyman broke a cell phone across Joe's
head.)

Ken Kennedy: Joe, it would have been so much easier for you if you'd just do as
your told, instead of running around like you're some super human being.

(Kennedy stood over Joe, looking into his unconscious face.)

Ken Kennedy: You're nothing. You'll never be anything as long as I'm still
breathing. The next time you fuck up, I'll break you in half and feed your
rotting body to the poor.

(Kennedy slapped Joe across the face and posed over him with the PWF World
Heavyweight Championship belt in hand. Kennedy tossed the title belt onto Joe
and kicked him in the face. Kennedy and Heyman left the ring.)

---

Joey Matthews and Jimmy Rave defeated Paul London and Brian Kendrick when
Matthews pinned P. London with the Inverted DDT in 0:20:04.
Rating: *** 1/4

Kennedy Alliance (Abyss and Umaga) defeated Dan Maff and Low Ki when Abyss
pinned Maff with the Black Hole Slam in 0:11:00.
Rating: ***

Christian pinned Alex Shelley with the Unprettier in 0:30:12.
Rating: **** 1/4

Can-Am Express (Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm) defeated
Capital Regime (Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero) when L. Storm pinned Malenko
with the Deep Impact Piledriver in 0:36:52.
Rating: **** 1/2


(Card rating: ****)

---

PWF Showdown CXVII
August 5, 2017

-During the Capital Regime (Eddie Guerrero & Dean Malenko) vs. Can-Am
Express (Lance Storm & Jerry Lynn) match, Art Barr, Chavo Guerrero Jr. and
Black Warrior hit the ring and pulled Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko out of
the ring. Barr squared off with Guerrero as Malenko stood next to Guerrero.
Guerrero drilled Malenko in the face and ran his head into the ringpost.
Guerrero rolled Malenko back into the ring and left the ring with Barr,
Guerrero Jr. and Warrior, having formed a new stable, Los Gringos Locos. Storm
executed the Deep Impact Piledriver on Malenko and covered him for the victory.

-During the event, Joey Matthews returned to the PWF.