Thursday, November 01, 2007

4/1/17: PWF Showdown CIX

Interview:
Kennedy Alliance interview

("We Are The Road Crew" by Motorhead played as the Kennedy Alliance: Ken
Kennedy, Dave Finlay, Giant Bernard, Travis Tomko, Umaga, Abyss and Paul Heyman
came to the ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

Ken Kennedy: Let there be reconciliation and more importantly, let there be
violence. Dave Finlay, I am honored and grateful that you agreed to join my
Alliance and assist me in controlling this company and making it fit for my
vision.

(Kennedy shook hands with Finlay.)

Ken Kennedy: Samoa Joe, as your reign grows longer, so does the pain you will
feel from the Kennedy Alliance. Samoa Joe, if you think I'm going to sit still
and let you beat me, you're out of your mind. With every waking moment, the
goal of my entire organization is quite simple: seek and destroy. We all want
the title and we want you left as nothing. With my new under boss of Dave
Finlay, my confidant of Paul Heyman and my army of soldiers standing behind me
in this ring, it's simply a matter of time, Samoa Joe. Nobody and I mean nobody
has the strength or brains for that matter, to run through what is standing in
this ring. Not one man, not ten men. Now, despite the fact that others members
of the PWF are forming their own allegiances to certain factions, we are still
the force that dictates how power is derived throughout this company. Whether
it is Chris Hero, Brent Albright, James Gibson, Chris Jericho or Edge, you all
better understand that Ken Kennedy is the top dog in this fight and I will be
the last man standing.

(Kennedy led his stable out of the ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

---

BJ Whitmer pinned Jimmy Rave with the Exploder '98 in 0:20:23.
Rating: *****

Interview:
Border City Connection interview

("Metalingus" by Alter Bridge played as the Border City Connection: Edge,
Christian, Rhino, CM Punk and Don Callis came to the ring to huge boos from the
crowd.)

Don Callis: I'm quite pleased that Chris Jericho has decided to actually stand
by his actions and strengthen his Can-Am Express, rather than tossing it aside.
Jericho, I bring in CM Punk, you bring in Alex Shelley. Good for you. Also,
it's better for me, because this way, you'll have no excuse when the Border
City Connection kicks your ass.

Edge: Something struck me earlier while listening to Kennedy talk about his
Alliance and how nobody in the PWF has the strength or brains to take down his
faction. Kennedy, if I was you, I wouldn't throw out threats towards anybody
and I also wouldn't make statements that hold no value whatsoever at this
point. Kennedy, you're a former PWF World Heavyweight Champion. The key word
being former. As of right now, you're nothing more than a big mouth with muscle
behind you. Kennedy, my Border City Connection isn't here to make ridiculous
statements and spout off threats. We're here to take what is ours and if we
have to walk over your bleeding body to do so, then so be it.

(The Border City Connection left the ring.)

---

The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) defeated
Paul London and Brian Kendrick when M. Briscoe pinned P. London with the
Cutthroat Suplex in 0:20:30.
Rating: *****

Interview:
Kings of Wrestling interview

("We Are the Champions" by Queen played as the Kings of Wrestling: Chris Hero,
Ric Flair, Claudio Castagnoli, Kevin Steen and Larry Sweeney came to the ring
to huge boos from the crowd.)

Larry Sweeney: I think congratulations are in order for Brent Albright who not
only felt the need to piss me off, but piss of the entire Kings of Wrestling.
Brent, if you think joining up with Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Dean
Malenko is somehow going to protect you from getting your head caved in by us,
then you're even stupider than I thought. Brent, don't think you're all of a
sudden a big shot, because you're not. You had the power and force of the Kings
of Wrestling behind you when you beat Bret Hart and now when we beat you down
and leave you for dead, you can join Bret Hart in retirement, daddy!

Chris Hero: I'd like to make it known for the record that I don't take kindly
to Ken Kennedy's ridiculous statements about him being the top dog in the PWF.
If anybody around here is the top dog, you're looking at him. I've been through
every war, every battle and every match the PWF has to offer and I'm the only
guy who hasn't felt the need to run off. Kennedy, you've been gone for a while
now and I've been here, further strengthening my legacy in the PWF. Kennedy, if
you want to run your mouth, you come and find me first and I'll tell you if I
want to hear from you.

Ric Flair: Gentlemen, there's nothing better than to have a bunch of men with
inflated egos. Just because Kennedy seems to feel he's got some type of pull in
this company, doesn't mean squat. In this ring right now are a group of men who
have accomplished more than Kennedy can ever dream of accomplishing and a group
of men who aren't going to run their mouths and not back it up! I was the first
PWF World Heavyweight Champion for a reason. I've been all over the world and
beaten the best there is for a reason. I've been champion wherever I've gone
for a reason.

(Flair took off his sport coat and tossed it aside.)

Ric Flair: Whether it is Hulk Hogan, Sting, Harley Race or Ken Kennedy,
everybody better understand they don't call me the dirtiest player in the game
for nothing! I've chosen sides and the side I pick always comes out on top.
Kennedy, remember one thing, to be the man, you gotta beat the man, and I'm
still the man! Wooooo!

(The Kings of Wrestling left the ring.)

---

Christian pinned Lance Storm with the Unprettier in 0:30:57.
Rating: *****


(Card rating: *****)

---

PWF Showdown CIX
April 1, 2017