Thursday, September 28, 2006

9/4/07: PWF Tuesday Night Wrestling #35

Interview: Triple H and Bret Hart face-off

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart came to the ring to huge cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: Triple H and his Dangerous Alliance had committed a wrestling crime. Nobody knows it better than me when it takes place. They drove out of the PWF and out of wrestling, a legend in the name of Ric Flair. Triple H had his running mates jump The Rock, Flair and Curt Hennig all in one night and stole the PWF World Heavyweight Championship in the process. Triple H, I've never respected you for the way you've done things and the people you associated yourself with, but now, I'm going to be the way to take your title from you. Triple H, you're nothing but a scumbag who has others do his bidding for him. You're the exact opposite of what a champion represents and I'm not going to have you destroy the PWF and what has been built here.

("The Game" by Motorhead played as PWF World Heavyweight Champion Triple H came to the ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

Triple H: Bret, I don't want your respect and more importantly, I don't need your respect. Bret, I'm the PWF World Heavyweight Champion and the only man in this company who has the ability to take on all challengers and run through the PWF. Bret, you want to step in the ring with me, I'm telling you something right now, it's been a long time coming and nothing would give me more pleasure than to bury your face in the mat and retain my title at PWF Showdown. Bret, when you step in the ring with "The Game," you don't walk out afterwards. Bret, your ass has entered a world of danger and a world of pain.

(Triple H and Bret Hart stared each other down.)

---

Booker T pinned Eddie Guerrero with the Scissors Kick in 0:24:52. Rating: **** 1/2

Interview: Brian Pillman goes after Shane Douglas

("Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses played as Brian Pillman came to the ring to cheers from the crowd.)
Brian Pillman: I stand here feeling so very unsatisfied. Unsatisifed because I have yet to do everything it takes to beat Shane Douglas. Sure, I've attacked him and made him scared to death as to what I might do to him. Shane, I think the problem is the enviorment in which we keep meeting. Shane, there was a time when I was a terrific in-ring wrestler, those days are past to a degree. Shane, you have made a living on striving to be the best there is when it comes to in-ring ability. Shane, I'm tired of wrestling you in an eviorment where rules apply. Douglas, you talk about being "The Franchise," why don't you put your title and your life on the line against me in, in a Death Match! You see, Shane we both know you're not going to accept the challenge and you're going to run and hide like a pussy. Come on, Shane. You're from ECW, you know the deal. Put up or shut up time, Douglas.

("Perfect Strangers" by Deep Purple played as The Triple Threat: PWF Intercontinental Champion Shane Douglas and PWF World Tag Team Champions Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Candido came to the ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

Shane Douglas: Pillman, I don't know what you're on, but you want to come out here and challenge me after I've put you in your place twice now? Brian, if you really want to step inside a Death Match with me, I'm warning you right now, I'm not only going to show you what a loose cannon is really like, but I'm going to show you what it means to hurt, bleed and not know who you are anymore. Pillman, PWF Showdown, consider it done.

Brian Pillman: Shane, you have no idea what you just did.

(Pillman tackled Douglas and began tearing him apart. Bigelow and Candido pulled Pillman off Douglas, but were quickly low blowed by Pillman. Pillman got a steel chair from ringside and smashed Douglas' face in. Pillman left a defenseless Triple Threat lying on the mat as he left the ring to huge cheers from the crowd.)

---

The Rock pinned Rey Mysterio Jr. with the Rock Bottom in 0:24:36.
Rating: **** 1/4

The Hart Foundation (Chris Jericho, Davey Boy Smith and Owen Hart) defeated Lance Storm, Shawn Michaels and Jerry Lynn when Jericho pinned Lynn after a lionsault in 0:28:49.
Rating: *** 1/2

The Dangerous Alliance (Buh Buh Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley and Kurt Angle) defeated Steve Austin, Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko when Buh Buh Ray pinned Malenko with the Buh Buh Bomb in 0:30:39.
Rating: ***

Card rating: *** 1/2

---

PWF Tuesday Night Wrestling #35
September 4, 2007