Tuesday, September 12, 2006

1/30/07: PWF Tuesday Night Wrestling #4

Interview:
PWF World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair and The Rock face-off

("2001: A Space Odyssey" by Vangelis played as the new PWF World Heavyweight
Champion Ric Flair came to the ring followed by his Horsemen: Vader, Curt
Hennig and Jeff Jarrett.)

Ric Flair: Nobody thought I would do. Nobody wanted me to do it. And damnit,
all of you witnessed me do it. I am the first ever PWF World Heavyweight
Champion! WHOO!

(The fans booed Flair.)

Ric Flair: Boo me all you like, but the fact remains, I'd like to welcome all
of you to Flair Country! WHOO!

(Flair strutted around the ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

Ric Flair: All of you fools in the crowd who are booing "The Nature Boy," I've
got a message for your girlfriends in the crowd. Girls, you can't be the first,
but you can be next. Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it
has the longest line!

(Flair opened the middle rope and welcomed any woman to get in the ring as
"Know Your Role" by Jim Johnston played to huge cheers from the crowd. The Rock
came to the ring and faced off with Flair.)

The Rock: WHOO! I'm in Flair Country and I can't believe it. Flair, I have to
congratulate you. You are without a question one helluva a professional
wrestler. You did something last night that nobody in this company expected you
to do. You went into a one night tournament with fifteen others, including "The
Great One," and you took it down. Flair, I was as close to a title victory as
it gets and I want it that much more. Flair. Naitch. You're the champ and I
want the first shot at the PWF World Heavyweight Championship!

(The fans cheered.)

Ric Flair: What is the matter with you? Don't you realize who you're
challenging? You're challenging a a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss
stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun! You step into my ring and challenge
me?! Rock, you've got it. Rock, you walk in here with my Horsemen behind me and
challenge me. Rock, I like it. Rock, you're quite a ballsy bastard and it will
be my pleasure to kick your ass all over the ring one more time.

(Flair put his hand out for The Rock to shake it. Rock shook Flair's hand.
Flair went to pull his hand away, but The Rock held on and Rock Bottomed Flair
to huge cheers from the crowd. The Rock clotheslined Vader over the top rope,
hit a spinebuster on Jarrett and body slammed Hennig in the center of the ring. The Rock hit the People's Elbow on Hennig to a huge eruption from the crowd.
"Know Your Role" by Jim Johnston played as The Rock left the ring to a huge
ovation from the crowd.)

[PWF Intercontinental Championship Torurnament - Round One]:
Eddie Guerrero pinned Owen Hart with the Frog Splash in 0:20:54.
Rating: ****

Scott Steiner pinned Sid Vicious with the Frankensteiner in 0:12:07.
Rating: ***

Diamond Dallas Page pinned Davey Boy Smith with the Diamond Cutter in 0:16:09.
Rating: *** 1/4

Chris Jericho and Lance Storm defeated The Four Horsemen (Jeff Jarrett and
Vader) when L. Storm pinned Jarrett with the Superkick in 0:17:12.
Rating: *** 1/4

Interview:
Mick Foley introduces a new Triple Threat

("Perfect Strangers" by Deep Purple played as The Triple Threat: Shane Douglas,
Bam Bam Bigelow and Chris Candido came to the ring to boos from the crowd.)

Shane Douglas: What a glorious moment it was. I bring Foley up, drive his
disgusting body down to the mat for the Pittsburgh Plunge and pin his shoulders
to the mat for the one, two, three! Foley was humbled and defeated in the
center of the ring. Foley got his ass whipped by me and Bam Bam and there's
nothing that will take that away!

("Wreck" by Jim Johnston played as Mick Foley came to the ring with Terry Funk
to cheers from the crowd.)

Mick Foley: Shane, congratulations. You beat me and Terry by pinning my
shoulders to the mat. However, if you think I'm done with you, you're dead
wrong. Shane you started this whole thing and I'm not done with you until I
finish it.

Shane Douglas: Foley, you bring your idol out here who has been handed his ass
by me already and expect to square off with The Triple Threat? Foley, who the
hell do you think you are?

Mick Foley: Shane, you want to talk triple threat, well, I don't have a triple
threat with me. I've got "The Hardcore Legend" Terry Funk standing with me and we're looking for a fight.

(Douglas, Bigelow and Candido began to go at it with Foley and Funk when the
lights went out. When the lights came back on, Sabu was on the top rope
pointing to the ceiling to an eruption from the crowd. Sabu hit a springboard
moonsault onto The Triple Threat. The Triple Threat scattered from the ring as
Foley, Funk and Sabu stood in the ring staring them down.)

Foley: Shane, it looks like I forgot that I made a phone call today and put
together my own Triple Threat. Shane, whenever you want, wherever you want,
however you want, we will gladly beat your brains into the mat and then lit
them on fire. Bang bang!

("Wreck" by Jim Johnston played as the fans cheered Foley's Triple Threat.
Douglas' Triple Threat left the ringside area staring at Foley, Funk and Sabu
in the ring.)

---

[PWF Intercontinental Championship Tournament - Round One]:
Curt Hennig pinned Perry Saturn with the Hennig Plex in 0:17:03.
Rating: *** 1/2

Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko defeated The Kliq (Shawn Michaels and Triple H)
when Benoit pinned Triple H after a diving headbutt in 0:25:04.
Rating: *** 3/4

Kurt Angle pinned Kane with the Angle Slam in 0:15:06.
Rating: *** 1/4

Interview:
Steve Austin challenges Hulk Hogan

("Glass Shatters" by Jim Johnston as Steve Austin came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd.)

Steve Austin: PWF Revolution, "Stone Cold" right in there to take it down and
become the first ever PWF World Heavyweight Champion. Instead, Ric Flair pinned
my shoulders to the mat and beat me. I lost, but I'll tell you what. You all
know that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin isn't going anywhere and I will get my shot
at Flair's title somewhere down the line. I'm shifting gears to something I
have more control of. Hulk Hogan, I'm waited about twenty years for this and
I'm not waiting anymore. Hogan, I want your ass in the ring a month from now at
PWF SuperBrawl and that's the only way I'll have it.

(The fans cheered.)

Steve Austin: Hogan, you call yourself the man who made professional
wrestling. That's a load of horseshit and you know it. Hogan, I know you're
great at ducking people and making absolutely sure you don't have to have those
shoulders pinned to that mat. Hogan, get your ass out here!

(The fans chanted "Austin! Austin!")

("Voodoo Child" by Jim Hendrix played as "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan came to the
ring to boos from the crowd.)

Hulk Hogan: Austin, you're something else, brother. Nobody has ever, in thirty
years in the wrestling business, spewn the crap that you've spewn. Steve, if
you want to sign your own death warrant and have "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan kick
your ass, that's fine by me. "Stone Cold," not only do I accept your challenge,
I'll demand it. You know something dude, you're going to find out what it feels
like when Hollywoodmania runs wild on you.

(Austin smirked and went to leave the ring when Hogan grabbed him. Austin and
Hogan went at with a fight in the center of the ring. Austin whipped Hogan off
the ropes and hit him with the Stone Cold Stunner to a huge eruption from the
crowd. "Glass Shatters" by Jim Johnston played as Austin left Hogan laying in
the ring to huge cheers from the crowd.)

---

Bill Goldberg pinned The Big Show with the Jackhammer in 0:15:17.
Rating: *** 1/4

The Kliq (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) defeated The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart
and Jim Neidhart) when Nash pinned Neidhart with the Jacknife Powerbomb in 0:32:50.
Rating: *** 3/4

The Undertaker pinned Sting with the Tombstone Piledriver in 0:30:08.
Rating: ****


Card rating: *** 1/2

---

PWF Tuesday Night Wrestling
January 30, 2007

-To start the event, Mike Tenay & Bobby Hennan announced that "Macho Man" Randy
Savage had decided to retire from professional wrestling. Tenay & Hennan wished
Randy Savage their best and bid farewell to a great professional wrestler.

-Following the Randy Savage reirement announcement, Tenay & Hennan announced
the start of the PWF Intercontinental Championship tournament. Tenay announced
the tournament would start during this edition of PWF Tuesday Night Wrestling
and conclude at PWF SuperClash on February 25, 2007.

-During The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart) vs. The Kliq (Kevin
Nash & Scott Hall) match, Hart and Neidhart hit the Hart Attack on Nash.
Neidhart made the cover as Hall grabbed the referee. Shawn Michaels and
Triple H hit the ring. Michaels superkicked Hart as Triple H hit the Pedigree
on Neidhart. Michaels and Triple H stood at ringside as Nash hit the Jacknife
Powerbomb on Neidhart for the victory. The Kliq left the ring to boos from
the crowd as Hart stood in the ring enraged staring down Michaels.