Monday, September 18, 2006

6/26/07: PWF Tuesday Night Wrestling #25

Interview:
Triple H wants a rematch with The Rock

("The Game" by Motorhead played as Triple H came to the ring to huge boos from
the crowd.)

Triple H: PWF Clash of the Champions, what a coup it should have been. I
destroy Bill Goldberg and The Rock in the same evening. I certainley took care
of Goldberg. Bits and pieces of his skull are still embedded in the ring mat.
The Rock on the other hand walked away from Clash of the Champions with his
body and title entact. The reason I was hired by Ric Flair to enforce The Four
Horsemen was to leave a pile of bodies wherever I go. At Clash of the
Champions, not only did I not fulfill my goal of destroying The Rock
completely, but I didn't walk away with the PWF World Heavyweight Championship.
Rock, you and I both know who the superior wrestler is between the two of us
and it's about time I drove your face into the mat and took what belongs to The
Four Horsemen: the PWF World Heavyweight Championship.

("Know Your Role" by Jim Johnston played as PWF World Heavyweight Champion The
Rock came to the ring to an enormous ovation from the crowd.)

The Rock: Triple H you've never been able to simply accept an ass-kicking and
move forward. You always need a second or third to jar your head in the right
direction until you get the point. Triple H, I have absolutely no qualms with
lacing my boots up and beating your ass again. I've done it once, twice. Hell,
I've done it more than you've had interview time in this business. Triple H, enforcer, "The Game," you want a piece of The Rock, one-on-one, I'm free come
PWF GrandSlam on July 29, 2007.

Triple H: Rock, you just made the mistake of your career. Beat me once, shame
on me. Beat me twice, shame on you. Rock, that title is coming with me and I'll
make sure my sledgehammer is shined up real nice for you.

(Triple H tossed the microphone down and stared down The Rock as he left the
ring to boos from the crowd.)

---

The Four Horsemen (Curt Hennig and Ric Flair) defeated
The Unholy Alliance (The Big Show and The Undertaker) when Curt Hennig pinned
Show with the Hennig Plex in 0:20:33.
Rating: **** 1/4

Interview:
Bret Hart introduces a new member of the Hart Foundation

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as The Hart Foundation: Bret Hart, Owen
Hart and Davey Boy Smith came to the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: I'd like to start out by wishing my brother-in law, my tag team
partner, my friend Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart the best in whatever he decides to.
Jim was the greatest tag partner I ever was paired with and The Hart Foundation
is going to miss "The Anvil."

(The fans applauded Hart's comments.)

Bret Hart: I'm not going to come out here tonight and talk about Shawn
Michaels. It's not the time and it's not the place. Shawn, we will cross paths
very shortly and this whole thing will end. The real reason for us being out
here tonight is to introduce the newest member of the Hart Foundation. This is
a native Canadian, a man who respects the wrestling business and has done
nothing but bust his ass in the ring, day in, day out his entire career. This
man has always struggled to catch that break, but he is without a doubt one of
the best wrestlers in the PWF and he is now a member of the Hart Foundation.
Chris Jericho, welcome to the Hart Foundation!

("Break Down The Wall" by Jim Johnston played as Chris Jericho came to the ring
to cheers from the crowd. Jericho shook Bret, Owen and Davey's hands.)

Chris Jericho: I'd like to start out by saying that it's a true privledge to
be standing in the same ring with the Hart family. I never dreamed I'd be
called by Bret "Hitman" Hart and asked to join the Hart Foundation. I'd like to
make a statement to Lance Storm, a man who has teamed with me and battled
against me in the PWF. Lance, we've been friends forever and I know you would
have loved this chance, but I wish you the best of luck and can only hope we
meet up in the ring again. This is a new beginning for me and I'm going to make
the absolute best of this opportunity. The Hart Foundation is going to regain
it's spot in professional wrestling as the top force in the business today.

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as The Hart Foundation left the ring to
huge cheers from the crowd.)

---

The Triple Threat (Bam Bam Bigelow and Chris Candido), Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm defeated Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio Jr. when
Lynn pinned Mysterio Jr. with the Cradle Piledriver in 0:32:04.
Rating: *** 1/4

Sting pinned Shawn Michaels with the Scorpion Death Drop in 0:26:20.
Rating: ****

Interview:
Shane Douglas is rudely welcomed in as PWF Intercontinental Champion

("Perfect Strangers" by Deep Purple played as the new PWF Intercontinental
Champion Shane Douglas came to the ring to boos from the crowd.)

Shane Douglas: I'm out here without my Triple Threat and I'm out here to
celebrate the start of my reign as the greatest Intercontinental Champion of
all-time. Eddie Guerrero messed with the wrong bull. I took Guerrero and beat
his ass to the mat. He was forced to watch me climb that ladder, rung by bloody
rung and capture the PWF Intercontinental Championship belt. All he could do
was lay there, barely conscious and witness the crowning of a new champion!

(The fans booed Douglas.)

Shane Douglas: Guerrero got his ass franchised. My time in this industry is now
and my stock isn't going anywhere, but up.

(Through the crowd came "The Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman. Pillman jumped the
guard rail and attacked Douglas to huge cheers from the crowd. Pillman laid
into Douglas as the crowd went nuts. Pillman got a chair from ringside and
bashed Douglas' face in. Pillman looked around at the crowd with a wry smirk
on his face as he left the ring to cheers from the crowd, leaving the new PWF
Intercontinental Champion Shane Douglas laying on the mat.)

---

Kurt Angle and Booker T defeated Bill Goldberg and Steve Austin when Booker
pinned Goldberg with the Scissors Kick in 0:31:00.
Rating: ****


Card rating: *** 3/4

---

PWF Tuesday Night Wrestling #25
June 26, 2007