Thursday, September 14, 2006

3/27/07: PWF Tuesday Night Wrestling #12

Interview:
The Rock challenges Ric Flair

("Know Your Role" by Jim Johnston played as The Rock came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd.)

The Rock: At Battle Lines, "The Great One" and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
squared off with PWF World Heavyweight Championship Ric Flair and "Hollywood"
Hulk Hogan. The Rock took the match down by pinning the champ in the middle of
the ring. Flair, it's not really about me requesting a title shot anymore, it's
about me taking what is mine and that's a shot at your title at PWF WresleWar!

(The fans cheered.)

("2001: A Space Odyssey" by Vangelis played as PWF World Heavyweight Champion
Ric Flair came to the ring with Vader.)

Ric Flair: Rock, who the hell do you think you are? You come down here and
slap me across the face. You talk trash about taking what's yours.

(Flair threw off his sport coat and got in The Rock's face.)

Ric Flair: Rock, until you've lived it for as long as I have, you need to
realize that when you're World Heavyweight Champion, you don't allow yourself
to be picked apart by a bunch of contenders. Rocky, I'm not going to allow you
to come at me these claims of being this or that. The fact remains, I am "The Nature Boy," and until somebody rips this title out of my grasp, this is Flair
Country! WHOO!

(The fans booed Flair.)

The Rock: Naitch, it's difficult for me to stand here and listen to a man cling
to something he knows he can't control. Flair, I want my title shot and I want
it at WrestleWar.

Ric Flair: Rock, you may be "The People's Champion," but remember something, to
be the man, you've got to beat the man. Rock, when you beat me for the PWF
World Heavyweight Championship you can make every outrageous claim you want.
Until then, you're a mere bump in the road for me as a reign as PWF World
Heavyweight Champion.

(The fans booed Flair.)

Ric Flair: Rock, like I've said before, I like your guts and you've got a lot
of balls. You have a goal and you're not going to let anyone detour you. Rock,
WrestleWar, consider it done. However, it's going to be under my terms and it's
going to be a No Holds Barred match.

(Flair had a stare down with The Rock as the fans cheered the future match-up.)

---

Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko and Chris Jericho defeated
The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) and Lance Storm when Jericho
made L. Storm submit to the Walls Of Jericho in 0:27:01.
Rating: *** 1/4

Kurt Angle pinned Scott Steiner after the Angle Slam in 0:16:20.
Rating: *** 1/4

The Ministry of Darkness (Sid Vicious and The Big Show) defeated
The Four Horsemen (Curt Hennig and Jeff Jarrett) when Show pinned Jarrett
with the Show Stopper in 0:15:08.
Rating: ***

Interview:
Hulk Hogan discusses Steve Austin

("Voodoo Child" by Jimi Hendrix played as "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan came to the
ring to boos from the crowd.)

Hulk Hogan: In the battle of the great superstars in wrestling history, there
was no question who was going to win between me and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.
"Hollywood" taught that wannabe a lesson in protocol. Then Eric Bischoff puts
together a match between Austin & The Rock and Flair and me. Flair coughs it
up to The Rock and "Hollywood" gets a loss put next to his name. No great
surprise considering my tag team partner, but that's not how I'm going out on
the big stage. I've already discussed things with Bischoff, a man I made into a
legend back in WCW, and I've got the re-match of the century signed, sealed and
delivered for WrestleWar. It's going to be Steve Austin and "Hollywood" Hulk
Hogan one more time. Austin, for me, it's more than just a pinfall. You think
you're a bigger star than "Hollywood," and we all know that's impossible.
Austin, for me it's about teaching you a lesson in front of the wrestling
world, brother. Steve, whatca gonna do, when Hollywood runs wild on you? Whatca
gonna do?!

(Hogan ripped his shirt off and posed in the ring to boos from the crowd.)

---

The Hart Foundation (Davey Boy Smith and Owen Hart) defeated The Kliq (Shawn
Michaels and Triple H) when O. Hart made Triple H submit to the Sharpshooter in
0:20:47.
Rating: *** 1/2

Sting pinned Vader with the Scorpion Death Drop in 0:20:27.
Rating: *** 1/2

The Kliq (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) defeated The Rock and Diamond Dallas Page
when Nash pinned Page with the Jackknife Power Bomb in 0:20:04.
Rating: ***

Interview:
Shane Douglas challenges Eddie Guerrero

("Perfect Strangers" by Deep Purple played as The Triple Threat: Shane Douglas,
Bam Bam Bigelow and Chris Candido came to the ring to boos from the crowd.)

Shane Douglas: How sweet it was. How sweet Battle Lines truly was. Mick Foley,
Terry Funk and Sabu beaten by three far superior athletes. Three far superior
professional wrestlers. Three far superior men in the real Triple Threat. Never
again will we listen to a cheap pop or a fool named Cactus Jack shouting about
nothing. Mick Foley, Terry Funk and Sabu will never again see the light of day
in the PWF for as long as all of you live and you can thank me for it.

(The fans booed Douglas.)

Shane Douglas: Thanks to Mick Foley and his bullshit, I wasn't involved in a
single championship tournament these past three months. I was overlooked, yet
again and I'm fucking tired of it. So here's what's going to happen. I'm taking
what I want and that is the PWF Intercontinental Championship. Eddie Guerrero!
You have something that belongs to me and I want it right fucking now!

("Animal" Pearl Jam played as PWF Intercontinental Champion Eddie Guerrero came
to the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

Eddie Guerrero: "Franchise," still looking for respect. Shane, you asked the
wrong guy when it comes to respect. I've been fighting for respect my whole career and don't want to hear about your problems. This title around my waist
is something I fought for and fought hard for, just like everything else in my
life. If you think I'm going to let you talk some trash about it belonging to
you, then you really are an idiot. Nobody tells Eddie Guerrero what to do and
what's mine is mine.

Shane Douglas: Want to play the crowd favorite, Guerrero and make me beat the
shit out of you, that's fine by me. I've already gone to the office and had
it set for WrestleWar on April 29th, 2007. April 29, 2007 will be a night that
lives in infamy-the night "The Franchise" is crowned without any bullshit or
anyone standing in my way. Prepare to be franchised!

(Douglas cheap shotted Guerrero with a right fist and tossed him to Bigelow and
Candido. Candido hit the Blonde Bombshell on Guerrero as Bigelow came off the
top rope with a splash. The Triple Threat left the ring to boos from the
crowd.)

---

Steve Austin and Bill Goldberg defeated The Ministry of Darkness (Kane and The
Undertaker) when Goldberg pinned Kane with the Jackhammer in 0:31:59.
Rating: **** 1/4


Card rating: *** 1/2

---

PWF Tuesday Night Wrestling
March 27, 2007