Tuesday, October 23, 2007

9/10/16: PWF Showdown XCIX

Interview:
Samoa Joe interview

("The Champ is Here" by Jadakiss played as Samoa Joe came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd and Paul Heyman sitting in the front row, staring at Joe.)

Samoa Joe: One down and one to go for me. Kevin Steen got his ass handed to him
and how appropriate. No Larry Sweeney, no victory for the Kings of Wrestling;
pretty simple equation. Chris Hero, you and the PWF World Heavyweight
Championship are next. Now, I should be a very happy man right now, but I'm
not. I'm actually a number of things. Annoyed, confused and enraged. It all
revolves around what took place post-match at Heat of Battle.

(Joe turned toward Heyman and stared him down.)

Samoa Joe: Someone seems to feel they can send man upon man after me and I'm
not going to ask any questions. Paul, why don't you cut the shit and explain
what you're doing here.

(Heyman continued to sit in his seat, staring at Joe.)

Samoa Joe: Heyman, I told you to do something and I'd recommend you do it right
now.

(Heyman stayed seated. Joe left the ring and walked over to Heyman at ringside.)

Samoa Joe: Heyman, you don't work here, you don't manage anybody on the roster
and you have nothing to do with this company. What the fuck are you doing here?

(Heyman stayed seated, simply staring at Joe.)

Samoa Joe: If that's how you want it, fine by me.

(Joe tossed his microphone aside and grabbed Heyman by the collar. Travis Tomko
re-appeared from behind the guard rail and stood in between Joe and Heyman.
Heyman dusted himself off and sat back down. Tomko squared off with Joe. Joe
quickly began throwing fists at Tomko. Through the crowd came the debuting
Giant Bernard. Bernard jumped the guard rail and laid out Joe with a Yakuza
Kick to the point of the chin. Bernard and Tomko left the area as Heyman got
up from his seat and left ringside.)

---

Triangle Match:
CM Punk defeated Jimmy Jacobs and Alex Shelley:
x A. Shelley beat Jacobs via the Shell Shock in 0:15:52
x Punk beat A. Shelley via the Pepsi Plunge in 0:31:11
Rating: *** 3/4

Interview:
Brent Albright interview

("Rebel Yell" played as Kings of Wrestling member Larry Sweeney came to the
ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

Larry Sweeney: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, I
give you the greatest technical wrestler of all-time. The excellence of
execution. Quite simply, the best there is, the best there was and the best
there ever will be: The Hitman...Brent Albright!

("Live To Win" by Motorhead played as Brent Albright came to the ring to huge
boos from the crowd.)

Brent Albright: That reaction should be reserved for Bret Hart; he's the one
who's lucky he passed out when he did, because if he didn't, I would have made
him a quadriplegic. Bret, now that I have officially ended your career, it's
time for me to move on to bigger and better things. Bret, you know the deal;
time for me to move up the ladder and leave you in the dust.

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: Brent, my career isn't over and I'm not going anywhere. Brent, I
will make you a deal right here and now. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a
way to beat you. Brent, PWF Battle Final is a few months away. I want you in
the ring, one more time, one-on-one. Brent, if I can't beat you at Battle
Final, I will never wrestle another match again. Brent, I'm a man of my word.
All I'm looking for is one more shot at you. If I can't beat you, I'll retire.

(Albright got right in Hart's face.)

Brent Albright: Bret, you've truly just made my year. Under normal
circumstances, I'd tell you I have nothing left to prove to you, but given the
added stipulation, it would be my pleasure to step in the ring with you one
more time and put an end to your career, once and for all.

Bret Hart: In that case, I'll see you at Battle Final.

(Hart left the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

---

Mike Quackenbush and AJ Styles defeated
Greatest Stable Period (BJ Whitmer and James Gibson) when Styles pinned Whitmer
with the Styles Clash in 0:30:05.
Rating: ****

Kings of Wrestling (Claudio Castagnoli and Kevin Steen) defeated
Nigel McGuinness and Christopher Daniels when Steen pinned Daniels with the
Package Piledriver in 0:39:19.
Rating: **** 1/4

Bret Hart and Samoa Joe defeated
Kings of Wrestling (Brent Albright and Chris Hero) when Joe pinned Hero
with the Muscle Buster in 0:45:16.
Rating: *****


(Card rating: **** 1/2)

---

PWF Showdown XCIX
September 10, 2016

-During the event, PWF World Tag Team Champions Greatest Stable Period (Adam
Pearce & Roderick Strong) vacated their titles and placed them at stake in the
2016 PWF Tag League.


-During the event, the bracketing for the 2016 PWF Tag League was announced:


1. Bryan Danielson & Davey Richards

vs.


2.) ?

3.) Greatest Stable Period (Adam Pearce & Roderick Strong)


vs.


4.) Austin Aries & Jimmy Rave



5.) Can-Am Express (Lance Storm & Jerry Lynn)


vs.

6.) The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)

7.) ?


vs.


8.) Paul London & Brian Kendrick