Sunday, October 21, 2007

5/14/16: PWF Showdown XCV

Interview:
Samoa Joe interview

("The Champ is Here" by Jadakiss played as Samoa Joe came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd. Sitting in the front row was Paul Heyman dressed in
black fixated on Joe's every move. Joe ignored Heyman and was handed a
microphone.)

Samoa Joe: I guess I owe Larry Sweeney an apology. Larry, you sure have outdone
yourself. You fucked me over again and now it's not just about Chris Hero or
Kevin Steen. It's about the entire Kings of Wrestling. KOW vs. JOE. You
sons-of-bitches have now officially pissed me off and have made me that guy
that I don't want to be. It's that guy who goes out and does things he
shouldn't. Things that really are out of the ordinary. Kind of like this...

(Joe quickly slid out of the ring and grabbed a secruity guard and laid him out
with a lariat.)

Samoa Joe: Now, I didn't want to do that, but Larry Sweeney made me do it.
Sweeney, you scumbag. You're nothing, but a fucking coward who has other people
do his bidding for him. Larry, your client, Chris Hero has my property and if
you think I forgive and forget you, you've got another thing coming. Kings of
Wrestling, you're not calling me, I'm calling you out. You boys want to get
into it, we're going to get into it.

(Joe threw his microphone at the incapacitated security guard and left the ring
to cheers from the crowd. Heyman got up from his seat and left the area.)

---

Jimmy Jacobs pinned AJ Styles with the Contra Code in 0:20:19.
Rating: *** 1/2

Interview:
Brent Albright interview

("Live To Win" Motorhead played as Kings of Wrestling members Brent Albright
and Larry Sweeney came to the ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

Brent Albright: A double fucking countout! Larry, do you fucking believe this?
Bret Hart managed to end our match in a double fucking countout. Bret, you are
one sad, sorry coward. Bret, you come back after four months of hiding and
settle for a double countout. Bret, losing in the middle of the ring with a
knife sticking out of your back was better than that. Hart, as you can tell,
I'm not satisfied with the outcome and I'm not going to settle for it. I'm not
settling for anything anymore. Get the fuck out here!

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: Albright, next time you come out here and insult me, I'm going to
teach you a lesson, Stu Hart style.

Brent Albright: Larry, Bret is making threats. I think we better run and
hide...fuck you, Hart. You don't tell me how it's going to go. I tell you how
it goes. I'll say whatever I want about you. I'll do whatever I want to you.
Matter of fact, the next time you come out here and threaten me, I'm going to
show you what it means to live up to your gimmick and be the hitman you can't
be.

Bret Hart: Albright, you're now in way over your head. Brent, I used to respect
you, not it's a simple matter of survival. Brent, I've survived worse than you
and come the end of this, I'll still be standing.

(Hart dropped his microphone and began walking backstage, staring back at
Albright the entire way.)

---

Alex Shelley pinned CM Punk with the Shell Shock in 0:29:09.
Rating: *** 3/4

Kevin Steen pinned Samoa Joe with the Package Piledriver in 0:41:06.
Rating: *****
[Larry Sweeney and Claudio Castagnoli interfered against Samoa Joe.]


(Card rating: **** 1/4)

---

PWF Showdown XCV
May 14, 2016

-During the Samoa Joe vs. Kevin Steen match, Larry Sweeney stood in the corner
of Steen. Throughout the match, Sweeney taunted Joe from ringside. Sweeney
eventually hopped on the ring apron and began egging on Joe. Joe grabbed
Sweeney and pulled him into the ring. Referee Mike Kehner tried to restore
order as Claudio Castagnoli hit the ring and low-blowed Joe. Claudio pulled
Sweeney out of the ring and stood at ringside as Steen executed the Package
Piledriver on Joe for the victory.

-During the event, the card for PWF Sudden Impact 2016 was announced:

*Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero, Brent Albright & Kevin Steen) vs. Samoa Joe,
Bret Hart and Nigel McGuinness
*Claudio Castagnoli vs. Christopher Daniels
*Greatest Stable Period (James Gibson, Roderick Strong & Adam Pearce) vs. Mike
Quackenbush, Bryan Danielson & Davey Richards
*BJ Whitmer vs. CM Punk vs. AJ Styles
*Alex Shelley vs. Jimmy Jacobs
*Can-Am Express (Lance Storm & Jerry Lynn) vs. The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark
Briscoe) vs. Austin Aries & Jimmy Rave vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick