Monday, October 29, 2007

1/14/17: PWF Showdown CIV

Kevin Steen pinned Christopher Daniels with the Package Piledriver in 0:25:49.
Rating: *****

Claudio Castagnoli pinned CM Punk with the Ricola Bomb in 0:25:16.
Rating: *** 1/2

Interview:
Piper's Pit #1

("Green Hills of Tyrol" by Jim Johnston played as Roddy Piper returned to the
PWF and made his way to the ring, where he would conduct Piper's Pit to huge
cheers from the crowd.)

Roddy Piper: Ths boss is back and it's been far too long!

(The crowd cheered Piper's return.)

Roddy Piper: Let's bring out our guest for this evening. The former PWF Double
Crown Champion, "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush.

("Break It Down Again" by Tears For Fears played as Mike Quackenbush came to
the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

Roddy Piper: Now, Mike, I've had the privilege of watching you wrestling here
in the PWF and I got to say, you really are something else. I mean, you bring a
different mix to the ring, which is why it's surprising that you can't seem to
beat James Gibson and reclaim your titles.

Mike Quackenbush: Well, Roddy, I can go out to the ring and beat Gibson down
until he can't even remember his own name, but when he sends in three other
guys to do his work for him, it's pretty tough to overcome.

Roddy Piper: What a minute. Are you making excuses for not being able to pin a
man's shoulders to the mat? Pal, this isn't all fun and games, this is
pro-wrestling. That stuff comes with the territory. If you're trying to tell me
that you're a pussy and can't fight yourself, that's one thing, but don't try
and tell me you're upset with the way wrestling works.

Mike Quackenbush: First of all, don't insult me. Secondly, don't put words in
my mouth. Piper, I expected to come out here and be able to state my case, but
it seems you're out here trying to run me down.

Roddy Piper: Hey, kid. This is my show and I'll do whatever I want. You don't
like it, go cry to the principal that you're being picked on.

Mike Quackenbush: Piper, if you like, I could simply kick your ass right here
and now.

Roddy Piper: You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun! Quackenbush, if
you want to challenge me, I'm going to urge you to re-think yourself.

Mike Quackenbush: Piper, I'm not re-thinking anything.

Roddy Piper: Well, if that's how you feel, I guess I'm going to have to shake
your hand for being a man about this, instead of a coward.

(Piper shook hands with Quackenbush. As Quackenbush pulled his hand away to
leave, Piper refused to let go. Piper low-blowed Quackenbush and tossed him
into the turnbuckle. Piper executed a running knee lift on Quackenbush and left
him laying on the mat.)

Roddy Piper: Michael, I don't need to know how tough I am to know how tough I
am. You've just been given lesson number one.

(Piper threw his microphone at Quackenbush and left the ring to boos from the
crowd.)

---

Ted DiBiase made Jimmy Jacobs submit to the Million Dollar Dream in 0:30:15.
Rating: *****
(Ted DiBiase retained the PWF Million Dollar Championship.)

Interview:
Kings of Wrestling interview

("We Are The Champions" by Queen played as the Kings of Wrestling: Chris Hero,
Brent Albright, Claudio Castagnoli, Kevin Steen and Larry Sweeney came to the
ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

Larry Sweeny: Sometimes people are lucky and sometimes people are stupid. At
PWF Battle Final, Samoa Joe was lucky and Bret Hart was stupid. Hart's career
in the PWF was put to end by "The Gun For Hire" Brent Albright.

(Albright held his arms high in the air as the fans booed him.)

Larry Sweeney: Samoa Joe, there's really only one way to look at you defeating
Chris Hero and winning the PWF World Heavyweight Championship and that is luck!
Nobody has ever tangled with the Kings of Wrestling and walked away standing.
So, now, the question has been raised, "Are the Kings of Wrestling finished?" I
answer that very simply: Not a chance in hell, daddy! However, Chris Hero and I
both agree that the Kings of Wrestling need a new look, a new force...a new
style. Who better to bring us back to the top that the king of style himself. A
limousine-ridin', jet-flyin', kiss-stealin', wheelin-dealin', son of a gun, who
has kissed the girls... WORLDWIDE... and made 'em cry. "The Nature Boy" Ric
Flair!

("2001: A Space Odyssey" by Richard Strauss played as Ric Flair returned to the PWF.)

Ric Flair: WOO! The Nature Boy is back in business and I'm here to show the PWF
how we operate. When Larry Sweeney called me up, I was thrilled to be apart of
the best thing going to today, the Kings of Wrestling. Larry told me the Kings
of Wrestling needed a change of style and more than that, a change in
philosophy. When you bring Ric Flair into the fold, you get all you could have
asked for and more. I'm the dirtiest player in the game today! Just because
there happens to be a bunch of guys around here pretending to be at the top of
the PWF mountain, doesn't mean a damn thing. I created the mountain and now
it's time for me to start throwing people off of it. You see, I've always said,
to be the man, you've got to beat the man. You're looking at the man and I'm
only getting warmed up. Learn to love it, learn to live with it. Diamonds are
forever, and so is Ric Flair! Woo!

(The Kings of Wrestling left the ring to boos from the crowd.)

---

AJ Styles pinned Alex Shelley with the Styles Clash in 0:30:39.
Rating: *****
(AJ Styles retained the PWF Openweight Championship.)


(Card rating: **** 3/4)

---

PWF Showdown CIV
January 14, 2017

-During the event, the card for PWF Revolution 2017 was announced:

*Kennedy Alliance (Ken Kennedy, Giant Bernard & Travis Tomko) vs. Samoa Joe,
Brian Kendrick & Paul London
*Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Ric Flair) vs. Bryan Danielson & Davey
Richards
*Greatest Stable Period (James Gibson, Adam Pearce, Roderick Strong and BJ
Whitmer) vs. Mike Quackenbush, Nigel McGuinness and The Briscoe Brothers (Jay &
Mark Briscoe)
*Chris Jericho vs. Rhino
*Border City Connection (Edge & Christian) vs. Can-Am Express (Lance Storm &
Jerry Lynn)
*CM Punk vs. Umaga
*Christopher Daniels vs. Abyss

-During the event, Roddy Piper and Ric Flair returned to the PWF.