Wednesday, October 24, 2007

11/12/16: PWF Showdown CI

Interview:
Samoa Joe interview

("The Champ is Here" by Jadakiss played as Samoa Joe came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd as Paul Heyman sat in the front row, staring at Joe. Joe
followed Heyman's eyes his entire way to the ring.)

Samoa Joe: Battle Final is a true test for me as a pro-wrestler and as a
person. I'm challenging Chris Hero for the PWF World Heavyweight Championship,
but I'm also challenging the Kings of Wrestling, the referee and the wild card
that has emerged as Paul Heyman. Heyman, I'm not going to get into it with you
anymore. I'm tired of dealing with you already. Paul, you do what you're going
to do and I'll do what I'm going to do. And what I'm going to do come PWF
Battle Final is become the new PWF World Heavyweight Champion. I've wrestled in
the PWF since the first year of its existence and I'm not going anywhere,
anytime soon. Hero, you better bring all the fire power you can carry come
Battle Final, because I'll have my bullet proof vest on and all of your
flunkies will be bouncing off me as I walk through the battle field to become
World Heavyweight Champion.

(Joe dropped the microphone and left the ring as Heyman got up from his seat
and left ringside.)

---

Christopher Daniels pinned TAKA Michinoku with the Last Rites in 0:24:49.
Rating: **** 1/4

CM Punk pinned Jimmy Jacobs with the Shining Wizard in 0:25:45.
Rating: *** 3/4

Interview:
Bret Hart interview

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: I've been in the PWF for longer than anyone else here today. I'm the
elder statesman. I wrestled in the first PWF match ever. I'm the only
three-time PWF World Heavyweight Champion. I've done everything I could have
dreamed up in the PWF and throughout my career in general, I've pushed myself
to be the best I can possibly be in the ring. Battle Final 2016 very well may
be my last dance if you will, but I'm not ready to go yet. Brent Albright stuck
a knife through my heart and made me seriously question my desire to wrestle. I
came back and now I've got Brent Albright all over me. He's made it a point to
try and finish my career. He has every opportunity to do just that, but I'll
have something to say about that. Throughout my entire career it seems that
everyone around me has attempted to tear me down. Whether it's Shawn Michaels,
Vince McMahon, Chris Hero or Brent Albright. Everywhere I go, it's been a fight
for my dignity. Now, I'm fighting for my career. Brent Albright, you're looking
at Bret "Hitman" Hart. I'm the excellence of execution for a reason and come
Battle Final, I will show you once and for all why I am the best there, the
best there was and the best there ever will be.

(Hart dropped the microphone and left the ring to huge cheers from the crowd.)

---

Rhino pinned Alex Shelley with the Gore in 0:20:38.
Rating: *** 3/4

Chris Jericho pinned AJ Styles after a lionsault in 0:34:46.
Rating: **** 1/2


(Card rating: ****)

---

PWF Showdown CI

November 12, 2016

-During the event, Taka Michinoku made his PWF debut.

-During the event, the card for PWF Blaze of Glory 2016 was announced:

*Samoa Joe, Bret Hart and Nigel McGuinness vs. Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero,
Brent Albright and Claudio Castagnoli)
*Greatest Stable Period (James Gibson, Adam Pearce & Roderick Strong) vs. Mike
Quackenbush and The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
*Bryan Danielson vs. Kurt Angle
*Kevin Steen vs. Brock Lesnar
*Can-Am Express (Lance Storm & Jerry Lynn) vs. Austin Aries & Jimmy Rave
*Border City Connection (Edge & Christian) vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick
*Davey Richards vs. Christopher Daniels