Wednesday, October 31, 2007

2/4/17: PWF Showdown CV

Interview:
Brent Albright interview

("Live To Win" by Motorhead played as Brent Albright came to the ring with
Larry Sweeney.)

Larry Sweeney: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Brent Albright!

(Albright posed for the crowd as they booed him out of building.)

Brent Albright: It seems to me there is a problem within the PWF. That problem
is that nobody is man enough to step in the ring with me. Everybody on the
roster is clutching and holding close their title belt or their pride,
depending upon the person. You see, what happens when you step in the ring with
me is that you get out! Or you tap out! Since nobody even wants to get in, that
to me means everyone last one of you standing back there are a group full of
cowards. What we're going to do right now is quite simple. I'm issuing an open
challenge to anybody on the face of this planet who wants to step in the ring
with me. If there's any man alive who has the intestinal fortitude to stand toe
to toe with me, then bring yourself to the ring right now!

(Albright hung over the ropes as Sweeney looked at the aisle way and then his
watch.)

Brent Albright: Larry, you tell me to come out here. You tell me to force the
issue and I get left standing here without a man willing to face me. You know,
it seems to me that the PWF has gone soft and that even if I ran back there and
slapped all of you phonies across the face, you still wouldn't have the balls
to step in the ring with me.

(Albright hung over the ropes as Sweeney looked down the aisle in disgust at
the lack of an opponent for Brent Albright.)

Brent Albright: If there isn't even a man who is willing to step in the same
ring with me, then I guess the PWF truly is filled with nothing more than a
bunch of cowards.

("Whatever" by Our Lady Peace played as Chris Benoit returned to the PWF to
huge cheers from the crowd. Benoit stepped into the ring as Albright stood eye
with Benoit.)

Chris Benoit: Albright, I don't know who you think you are, but I'm standing
here right now and I'd love to know what you're going to do about it.

Brent Albright: Chris Benoit; a blast from the PWF past. What a great pleasure
it is to see you standing in my ring. Benoit, it's good you came out here,
because I've beaten you once and sent you packing, I'd be happy to do it again.

(Albright tossed his microphone aside as Benoit quickly began throwing chops at
Albright. Benoit whipped Albright off the ropes and hit him with a short-arm
lariat. Albright quickly rolled out of the ring and gathered himself as Sweeney
pointed and yelled threats at Benoit as the fans applauded the return of Chris
Benoit.)

---

Ted DiBiase pinned Alex Shelley with the Million Dollar Buster in 0:26:01.
Rating: *** 3/4
(Ted DiBiase retained the PWF Million Dollar Championship.)

Triangle Match:
Chris Jericho defeated Rhino and BJ Whitmer:
x Rhino beat Whitmer via the Gore in 0:20:26
x Jericho beat Rhino via a the Breakdown in 0:40:09
Rating: ****

AJ Styles pinned El Generico with the Styles Clash in 0:15:05.
Rating: ****
(AJ Styles retained the PWF Openweight Championship.)


(Card rating: ****)

---

PWF Showdown CV
February 4, 2017
-Following the triangle match with Chris Jericho, Rhino and BJ Whitmer, Jericho was playing to the fans following his victory when Rhino got back to his feet and was instructed to Gore Jericho by Don Callis. Rhino charged at Jericho, as Jericho side-stepped him and was met with a Shining Wizard from CM Punk. Punk began stomping on Jericho as Callis joined in. Can-Am Express members Lance Storm and Jerry Lynn quickly came to the ring as Punk, Rhino and Callis slid out of the ring and left the ringside area to boos from the crowd.

-During the event, Chris Benoit returned to the PWF.

-During the event, CM Punk joined the Border City Connection.