Saturday, October 20, 2007

4/16/16: PWF Showdown XCIV

Interview:
Bret Hart interview

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: Let me just start by saying thank you to all of my fans who have
stuck by me throughout this whole situation with Brent Albright.

(The fans applauded Hart.)

Bret Hart: Albright, I took you as my partner. I took you as one of my allies.
I traveled with you on the road. I helped teach you the in's and out's of the
business. I considered you a close friend. You go ahead and you cost me my PWF
World Heavyweight Championship by stabbing me in the back and joining up with
Chris Hero. Seems to me, every time I take someone into my confidence, I get
screwed over. So, from here on out it's me against the world. It's the way it
always works out anyway, so at least I know what I'm up against. Thing now is,
Brent Albright, you called me out. You called me a coward. You ran my name
through the mud and tried to embarrass my legacy. Albright, you wanted me, you
got me. PWF WrestleWar, it's going to be me and you, one-on-one. Albright, you
want to act like a big shot and pretend to be this great monster, we'll, I'll
be waiting for you and I'll tell you something right now, by the end of all of
this, you will now why I am the best there is, the best there was and the best
there ever will be.

(Hart dropped the microphone and left the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

---

The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) defeated
Austin Aries and Jimmy Rave when M. Briscoe pinned Rave after a Frankensteiner
in 0:32:16.
Rating: **** 3/4

Can-Am Express (Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm) defeated
Paul London and Brian Kendrick when L. Storm pinned P. London with the
Deep Impact Piledriver in 0:27:29.
Rating: **** 1/2

Interview:
Kings of Wrestling interview

("Holding out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler played as the Kings of Wrestling: PWF
World Heavyweight Champion Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Brent Albright,
Kevin Steen and Larry Sweeney came to the ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

Larry Sweeney: Ladies and gentlemen, nobody in this ring gives a damn what you
think. Boo all you want, we're be back next week, 12 large! Now, to something
that matters. Brent, Kevin and I were rudely interrupted by an angry Bret Hart.
Bret, Brent Albright is primed to kick your ass at WrestleWar. Bret, we took
you down at Battle Final and it will be the pleasure of this group to kick your
ass one more time. You know, for old-times sake. There isn't a chance in hell
you're walking into our ring and beating Brent Albright. Make sure you
understand it's Brent Albright's time now, not yours. I'll be there at ringside
to make sure of it. Now, the other issue is Samoa Joe. Joey, baby! You're got
yourself mixed up in a great old mess. You're not just up against my hero, your
hero or everyone's hero; you're up against Chris Hero! Mr. Hero would like to
make note that he has decided he is free to beat you at WrestleWar and will be
doing so at the end of the event. However, he will only begin the match when he
is comfortable doing so. He also has decided that he will only commence the
match when he decides the bell was rang appropriately. Also, the referee is to
be informed prior to the bout that Mr. Hero is not going to wrestle, unless the
ropes are tested prior to him entering the ring and that the mat have a certain
bounce to it. After every precaution is taken, yes Joey, Chris Hero will pin
your shoulders to the mat one more time and raise his hands high in the air as
you lay motionless on the mat. These are the Kings of Wrestling and nobody is
removing from our throne.

(Sweeney tossed the microphone aside and left the ring flanked by Hero,
Castagnoli, Albright and Steen.)

---

BJ Whitmer pinned CM Punk with the Exploder '98 in 0:30:37.
Rating: **** 1/2

Roderick Strong made Davey Richards submit to the Stronghold in 0:40:13.
Rating: *****


(Card rating: **** 3/4)

---

PWF Showdown XCIV
April 16, 2016

-During the event, the card for PWF WrestleWar 2016 was announced:

*PWF World Heavyweight Championship match: Chris Hero (c) vs. Samoa Joe
*PWF Double Crown Championship match: Mike Quackenbush (c) vs. James Gibson
*PWF World Tag Team Championship match: Bryan Danielson & Davey Richards (c)
vs. Greatest Stable Period (Adam Pearce & Roderick Strong)
*Brent Albright vs. Bret Hart
*Kings of Wrestling (Claudio Castagnolio & Kevin Steen) vs. Nigel McGuinness
and Christopher Daniels