Monday, October 29, 2007

1/7/17: PWF Showdown CIII

Interview:
Kennedy Alliance interview

("We Are The Road Crew" by Motorhead played as the Kennedy Alliance: Ken
Kennedy, Umaga, Giant Bernard, Travis Tomko, Abyss and Paul Heyman came to the
ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

Ken Kennedy: Gone are the days of me walking to a ring I made famous and
playing to you fools who sit in the audience. Gone are the days of me being the
guy you people could get behind. Gone are the days of following rules that
don't even exist. I'm not here to make friends and I'm certainly not here to
entertain anybody with a script filled with bullshit. I'm here to reclaim my
spot amongst the greats of the PWF and in doing that, the first to fall at the
feet of my Alliance is Samoa Joe; The new PWF World Heavyweight Champion and a
man who hasn't even begun to feel the strain that my crew is going to lay on
him. Joe, you keep that title belt nice and shiny, because you and I both know
where it belongs to. That title belt being around your waist is an insult to me
and I'm not going to stand for it. Joe, get your ass out here and hand over my
title, instantly.

("The Champ is Here" by Jadakiss played as the new PWF World Heavyweight
Champion Samoa Joe walked down the aisle way and stood in front of the ring to
huge cheers from the crowd.)

Samoa Joe: Bravo, gentlemen, bravo. Kennedy, you and Heyman sure did come up
with quite the master plan, didn't you? Only problem is, it didn't stop me from
winning the PWF World Heavyweight Championship and it's not going to stop me
from kicking the shit out of you and the rest of your cronies.

Paul Heyman: Samoa Joe, if I were you, I'd be careful what I wished for.
Standing in this ring are a plethora of men with marching orders and those
orders quite clear: Seek and destroy. They will locate you and they will
destroy you at a moment's notice. If you like, I can show you right now. Abyss,
time to work.

(Abyss left the ring and approached Joe in the aisle way. Abyss pie-faced Joe
and sent him flying backwards. Abyss re-joined the Kennedy Alliance in the
ring.)

Paul Heyman: Joe, if I wanted to, I could put an end to your career right here
and now, but where's the fun in that?

(Joe got back to his feet and slid into the ring. Joe went after Kennedy, but
was grabbed and held down by Bernard and Tomko. Kennedy grabbed Joe by the face
and began yelling threats and insults at him. Kennedy pointed to Umaga, who ran
through Joe with a flying hip attack and left him lying on the mat. The Kennedy
Alliance left the ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

---

Jimmy Rave pinned Paul London with the Pedigree in 0:20:06.
Rating: **** 1/4

Interview:
Ted DiBiase interview

("Million Dollar Rap" by Jim Johnston played as "The Million Dollar Man" Ted
DiBiase came to the ring with a black bag and a microphone.)

Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man's entrance into the PWF sure wasn't what I
had planned. You seen, when somebody like me comes into town, heads turn,
people begin talking and it always ends up with me on top. Just so happens,
somebody didn't get the memo. AJ Styles, I'm talking to you. Somehow, you won
the battle royal and became the first ever PWF Openweight Champion. Well, good
for you, but I didn't come here to play second fiddle to anybody. Matter of
fact, I'm already a champion and don't need to bother with AJ Styles, James
Gibson or even Samoa Joe.

(DiBiase open his bag and took out the Million Dollar Championship belt.)

Ted DiBiase: This belt is worth more than any title belt in the PWF today and
means more than any title belt in the PWF today. Why? Because I'm wearing it.
Styles, you take your title belt and shove it up your ass. I'm the Million
Dollar Champion and when I want your title, I'll pay for it.

(DiBiase left the ring with his title over his shoulder as the fans booed him.)

---

Brian Kendrick pinned Austin Aries with the Sliced Bread #2 in 0:20:08.
Rating: **** 1/4

Interview:
Border City Connection interview

("Metalingus" by Alter Bridge played as the Border City Connection: Edge,
Christian, Rhino and Don Callis came to the ring to boos from the crowd.)

Don Callis: That's one point for the Connection, zero for the Express. Jerry
Lynn, Lance Storm and Chris Jericho were of no match to the trio of Edge,
Christian and Rhino. We made quick work of that ridiculous, excuse for a stable
and now stand head and shoulders above them.

Edge: Don, you're right...as usual. Jericho comes back to the PWF only to find
himself with his head up his ass...as usual. Jericho, not even you can save
Lynn and Storm from getting their asses handed to them in grand fashion.

Christian: You see ladies and gents, what everybody in the PWF needs to come to
grips with is that there is a changing of philosophy taking shape in the PWF
right now. It's quite simple. It's not how you present yourselves, it's how you
execute!

(The Can-Am Express: Chris Jericho, Lance Storm and Jerry Lynn quickly hit the
ring and began trading blows with Edge, Christian and Rhino. Can-Am Express
gained the upper hand and sent the Border City Connection flying out of the
ring with a trio of dropkicks. Callis urged his men to stand back and fight
another day as they left the ringside area enraged.)

---

AJ Styles pinned Jimmy Jacobs with the Styles Clash in 0:34:26.
Rating: *****
(AJ Styles retained the PWF Openweight Championship.)


(Card rating: **** 3/4)

---

PWF Showdown CIII
January 7, 2017

-During the event, Ted DiBiase awarded himself the Million Dollar Championship.

-Following the event, the PWF announced they would sanction the Million Dollar Championship.