Friday, February 09, 2007

7/15/11: PWF Showdown XXXIV

Interview:
CM Punk interview

("Miseria Cantare: The Beginning" by AFI played as CM Punk came to the ring to
cheers from the crowd.)

CM Punk: I've been PWF Intercontinental Champion. I've led men to war to become
PWF Quadrathlon Survivor Champions. I am the reigning PWF Champions Cup holder.
There has been one title that has eluded me and still does to this day: the PWF
World Heavyweight Championship. I am the number one contender for the PWF World
Heavyweight Championship. Winning the Champions Cup ensures that. Samoa Joe,
we've wrestled numerous times, and thus far, I've been unable to pin your
shoulders to the mat and stake my claim as a legend here in the PWF. I have
scratched and clawed for everything I've ever achieved in a wrestling ring and
can not live with myself until my hand is raised and I am announced as World
Champion. Samoa Joe, the way I see, the only goal I have right now is to become
World Champion and until that happens, I am nothing but a beaten man.

(Punk left the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

---

Perry Saturn pinned Yoshihiro Tajiri with the Death Valley Driver in 0:15:07.
Rating: **** 1/4

Curt Hennig pinned Jim Neidhart with the Hennig Plex in 0:15:15.
Rating: ** 1/4

Doug Williams pinned Homicide with the Chaos Theory in 0:15:03.
Rating: *** 1/2

Rey Mysterio Jr. pinned Chavo Guerrero Jr. with the Flying Huracanrana in
0:21:52.
Rating: *** 1/2

Interview:
Bret Hart interview

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: Bryan Danielson, quite frankly, I am sick and tired of putting up
with your bullshit every time we step in the ring. You're a crybaby, a cheater
and a no good piece of shit. Danielson, you want to step in the ring with me
again, I have no problem with that, but this time, it's not going to be in a
regular singles match and it's not going to be in a no-disqualification match.
The only way to ensure a match where I don't have to deal with four other
people looking to help you out is we are locked inside of a steel cage match.

(The fans erupted with cheers.)

Bret Hart: Danielson, it's the only way I can think of where we can throw down
and determine who really is the winner, without any outside interference or
bullshit you come up with.

("The Final Countdown" by Europe played as Bryan Danielson walked out to the
aisle way to huge boos from the crowd.)

Bryan Danielson: Hitman, all you're actually doing is helping to dig your own
grave. Nobody knows his way around a ring better than I do and quite frankly,
locking the two of us inside of a steel cage is only going to assist me in locking you up in Cattle Mutilation and either submitting you or ripping your
shoulders out of their sockets. PWF Grandslam, Bret, I'll be there scaling the
sides of that cage as you step inside to meet your demise.

(Danielson walked backstage as Hart stared Danielson down with hate in his
eyes.)

---

Dave Finlay and Steve Regal defeated The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark
Briscoe) when Regal defeated M. Briscoe when M. Briscoe passed out in the Regal
Stretch in 0:21:15.
Rating: **** 1/4

Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko defeated Christopher Daniels and James Gibson
when Malenko made C. Daniels submit to the Texas Cloverleaf in 0:26:53.
Rating: ***

Team Small Package (Austin Aries and Roderick Strong) defeated
The Hart Foundation (Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid) when Aries pinned Smith
with the 450 Splash in 0:30:04.
Rating: *** 3/4


(Card rating: *** 1/2)

---

PWF Showdown XXXIV
July 15, 2011