Saturday, February 24, 2007

4/13/13: PWF Showdown LVII

Interview:
Edge interview

("Metalingus" by Alter Bridge played as Edge came to the ring to boos from the
crowd.)

Edge: Booing. For once, I agree with you folks. Booing is appropriate for me,
but it should be coming from me. You see, I had a chance to etch my name in PWF
lore and become PWF World Heavyweight Champion by defeating Bret "Hitman" Hart.
I couldn't close the deal. I slipped up. I lost. I was so very close to
completing my goal and now I WANT IT EVEN MORE!

(The fans booed Edge.)

Edge: BRET! I want another title shot and I want it right now!

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as PWF World Heavyweight Champion Bret
Hart came to the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: Edge, I owe you nothing. I made you tap out in the center of the
ring and now you want a handout. Well Edge, I AM the PWF World Heavyweight
Champion and it's my choice to award a title shot to a worthy contender. You
aren't a contender at this time and will not be receiving a title shot before
more qualified challengers.

Edge: Bret, I'd re-consider your statements if I were you.

Bret Hart: Edge, I don't get intimidated at this point in my career and sure as
hell am not going to stand here and grovel for you.

Edge: Well Bret, then there's nothing more I can do for you...

(Edge cheapshoted Hart and began pummeling him. Christian Cage quickly came to
the ring with a pair of steel chairs. Cage handed Edge a chair and stood Hart
up. Chris Benoit sprinted to the ring, but was quickly laid out with a steel
chair shot from Cage. Edge and Cage hit the Con-Chair-To on Hart as the fans
exploded with boos. Edge picked up Hart's PWF World Heavyweight Championship
belt and stroked it next to his face and placed it on top of Hart. Edge and
Cage left the ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

---

Lance Storm pinned BJ Whitmer with the Deep Impact Piledriver in 0:20:34.
Rating: ****

Interview:
Ric Flair, Roddy Piper & Terry Funk interview

("The Green Hills of Tyrol" by Jim Johnston played as the new PWF World Tag
Team Champions Roddy Piper and Terry Funk came to the ring with Ric Flair to
huge cheers from the crowd.)

Roddy Piper: Hey, Low Ki, Dan Maff, look what I've got!

(Piper holds up his PWF World Tag Team Championship belt to cheers from the
crowd.)

Roddy Piper: You two punks tried as hard as you could and still couldn't seal
the deal. You two bastards haven't worked harder to beat anybody in your lives
and it still didn't get you anywhere. Terry Funk and I are the PWF World Tag
Team Champions and there ain't nothing you can do about it!

(The fans exploded with cheers.)

Ric Flair: Now it comes down to this. Homicide! I'm not through with you yet.
You no-good scumbag. You want to get cheap and dirty, well you're looking at
the dirtiest player in the game.

(Flair took off his sport jacket and elbow droped it, quickly getting back to
his feet.)

Ric Flair: If you want to get tricky with "The Nature Boy," you're entering a
world I've lived through day in and day out since I laced up by boots. Next
time I see you Homicide, I will be stylin' and profilin' all over your face and
you will know why they call me the man. A limousine ridin', jet flying, kiss
stealing', wheelin' dealing, son of a gun! WOO!

(The fans shouted along with Flair.)

Ric Flair: Homicide, I'm going to kick your ignorant ass and there isn't
anything you're going to be able to, but sit there and take it!

(Flair, Piper and Funk left the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

---

Four Corners Match:
James Gibson defeated Matt Sydal, Jerry Lynn and Yoshihiro Tajiri:
x Tajiri beat Sydal via the Brain Buster in 0:10:52
x Lynn beat Tajiri via the Cradle Piledriver in 0:20:10
x Gibson beat Lynn via the Trailer Hitch in 0:30:38
Rating: *** 3/4

Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) defeated
The Celtic Gang (Doug Williams and Nigel McGuinness) when Castagnoli pinned
Williams with the Ricola Bomb in 0:31:45.

Rating: **** 1/4


(Card rating: ****)

---

PWF Showdown LVII
April 13, 2013