Friday, February 09, 2007

5/13/11: PWF Showdown XXXII

Interview:
AJ Styles interview

("I Am" by NWATNA played as AJ Styles came to the ring to cheers from the
crowd.)

AJ Styles: Alex Shelley, you have something and it belongs to me. You teamed up
with Chris Jericho and Lance Storm to steal my PWF Intercontinental
Championship. I guess you thought you'd snatch it away from me, with no
repercussions. Well, that's not how it's going to go down. In order to reach
the top, it's a long climb from the bottom. You need to scratch and claw your
way up and grab for that brass ring. Sometimes you get your legs knocked out
from under you and sometimes you hang on and reach that brass ring. Alex
Shelley, I want my brass ring back, a brass ring you have no right to hold
claim to. It's my title belt. I'm challenging you to a Ladder Match. Come on,
"Shell-man," put that title high above ring and relinquish possession of it.
Possession you shouldn't have to begin with.

("The Fly" by U2 played as PWF Intercontinental Champion Alex Shelley came to
the ring with Chris Jericho and Lance Storm to huge boos from the crowd.)

Alex Shelley: Styles, you need to check your history. Fact is, I am the
Intercontinental Champion because I pinned your narrow shoulders to the mat,
one-two-three. This title belt belongs to yours truly and you're not getting
back. I have nothing to prove to you or any of these idiots in the crowd.

(The fans booed Shelley as Styles got in Shelley's face.)

AJ Styles: Shelley, you're nothing but a scumbag coward.

(Shelley handed his PWF Intercontinental Championship belt to Jericho.)

Alex Shelley: Styles, you insult me and degrade me. I'm not standing here and
taking that. Clear your schedule for Sudden Impact, because now it's personal
and I can't wait to break your body in half with a ladder.

(The fans erupted with cheers over the Ladder Match for the PWF
Intercontinental Championship. Shelley left the ring with Jericho and Storm,
staring back at Styles.)

---

Homicide pinned Perry Saturn with the Cop Killa in 0:15:07.
Rating: ***

Yoshihiro Tajiri pinned Chavo Guerrero Jr. with the Brain Buster in 0:20:30.
Rating: ****

Nigel McGuiness pinned Rey Mysterio Jr. with the Tower of London in 0:20:14.
Rating: *** 3/4

Eddie Guerrero pinned Doug Williams with the Frog Splash in 0:21:16.
Rating: ****

Triangle Match:
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) defeated
Bam Bam Bigelow and Chris Candido and Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko:
x Benoit beat Candido via a flying headbutt in 0:11:53
x M. Briscoe beat Malenko via the Cutthroat Suplex in 0:30:56
Rating: ****
[Paul Heyman interfered against Dean Malenko.]

James Gibson made Lance Storm submit to the Trailer Hitch in 0:23:01.
Rating: **** 1/4

Chris Jericho made Christopher Daniels submit to the Walls Of Jericho in
0:31:57.
Rating: *****


(Card rating: **** 1/4)

---

PWF Showdown XXXII
May 13, 2011