Friday, February 23, 2007

3/23/13: PWF Showdown LVI

Interview:
Bret Hart and Chris Benoit interview

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as PWF World Heavyweight Champion Bret
Hart and Chris Benoit stormed to the ring.)

Chris Benoit: Some people think it's okay to assault someone and leave them
bleeding, beaten and battered in a locker room before a main event match. Edge
and Christian, you two pieces of garbage, now it's time for you sons-of-bitch
to get out here so I can beat the shit out of you and leave your beaten and
battered bodies laying bloodied and destroyed. Get the fuck out here!

("Metalingus" by Alter Bridge played as Edge and Christian Cage came to the
ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

Christian Cage: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Chris, let's keep it together. First of all,
if we did jump you in your locker room, you'd never know it was us because you
wouldn't get up off the ground. So Chris, you'd best toss those bullshit
accusations out the window.

Chris Benoit: Cage, why don't you cut the shit and stop being a fucking liar.
You want a piece of me, you can come and tap me on the shoulder and we'll get
into it.

Christian Cage: Benoit, I understand you're head is ringing from your beating
and you're looking for some way to redeem yourself, but you've got the wrong two guys. As a matter of fact, I don't need to jump you in your locker room,
I'll take care of business whenever I want to.

(Cage got in Benoit's face.)

Chris Benoit: Cage, maybe you're telling the truth, maybe you're not, but if
you want a piece of me, I'm standing right in front of you.

(Cage looked away. Benoit slapped Cage across the face. Benoit and Cage began
exchanging blows as Edge and Hart squared off. Edge and Hart began trading
blows as Cage low blowed Benoit and hit the Unprettier on him. Benoit and Cage
double teamed Hart. Edge got a a pair of steel chairs from ringside and handed
one to Cage. Edge and Cage hit the Con-Chair-To on Hart. Edge and Cage left
the ring to huge boos from the crowd as Hart and Benoit lie on the mat, beaten
and battered.)

---

Triangle Match:
Chris Sabin defeated James Gibson and Matt Sydal:
x Sydal beat Gibson via the Sydal Press in 0:10:14
x Sabin beat Sydal via the Future Shock in 0:25:07
Rating: *** 1/4

Interview:
The Undertaker & Abyss interview

("Graveyard Symphony" by Jim Johnston played as the lights went out and The
Undertaker and Abyss came to the ring to cheers from the crowd. The Undertaker
brought the lights back up and entered the ring, followed by Abyss.)

The Undertaker: Samoa Joe, your head was driven into the mat via my Tombstone
Piledriver and your broad shoulders were pinned to the mat: one, two, three.
Joe, does that make you want to run out here and take a poke at me? Joe, does
that make you want to send Takeshi Morishima out here enraged to "destroy"
Abyss and I? Joe, does that make me better than you? Yes, it does. You see Joe,
all that will happen from here on it is that you will be obsessed with
defeating me. Only thing is, you're not going to beat me. You're not as good as
me and you never will be. Joe, this is what I'd like to call a reality check
after all of your blood, sweat and tears. You're nothing more than a lost soul
walking through the desert searching for something he can't have.

("The Champ is Here" by Jadakiss played as Samoa Joe and Takeshi Morishima came
to the ring. Joe looked at The Undertaker and hung his head. Joe quickly dove
at The Undertaker and took him down. Morishima clotheslined Abyss and began
pummeling him. Joe locked a rear naked choke on The Undertaker and began
screaming into The Undertaker's ear that he had breathed his last breath. Joe
picked The Undertaker up and flung him across the ring as Morishima backdrop
suplexed Abyss over the top rope to the floor. Joe and Morishima left the ring
to huge boos from the crowd as Abyss got to his feet and The Undertaker sat up
from the mat and stared down Joe.)

---

Second City Saints (CM Punk and Colt Cabana) defeated
Los Guerreros (Eddie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero Jr.) when Punk pinned Chavo Jr.
with the Pepsi Plunge in 0:30:35.
Rating: **** 1/4

Interview:
Ken Kennedy interview

("In The Black" by Motorhead played as PWF Intercontinental Champion Ken
Kennedy came to the ring to boos from the crowd. Kennedy stood in the middle of
the ring waited for a microphone to drop from the ceiling.)

Ken Kennedy: Ladies and gentlemen, you are being introduced to the PWF
Intercontinental Champion. I weigh in at two-hundred and forty-six pounds. I
hail from Green Bay, Wisconsin. MISTERRRRRRR KENNEDY......KENNEDY!

(The fans booed Kennedy.)

Ken Kennedy: Three months in the PWF and I have already reached a plateau that
many haven't been able to reach. I am the PWF Intercontinental Champion. I am
the future of this company and there isn't anyone who is going to be able to
take it away from me or stop me. Bryan Danielson, you may think you're a great
part of PWF history, but when I done etching my name above yours in PWF
history, you will be nothing more than just that, history! I am Mister Kennedy
and this is how it's going to work here while I'm in the PWF.

(Kennedy left the ring to boos from the crowd.)

---

Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) defeated
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) when Castagnoli pinned
M. Briscoe with the Ricola Bomb in 0:33:28.
Rating: **** 1/2


(Card rating: **** 1/4)

---

PWF Showdown LVI
March 23, 2013