Monday, February 19, 2007

2/17/13: PWF Showdown LIV

Interview:
Edge & Christian Cage interview

("Metalingus" by Alter Bridge played as Edge and Christian Cage came to the
ring to boos from the crowd.)

Edge: Samoa Joe, Takeshi Morishima, The Undertaker, Abyss. It's not about those
four guys. It's bout Edge and Christian Cage. Bret Hart and Chris Benoit, you
two were pummeled and left for dead by the equalizier that is the Con-chair-to.
Bret, you will not be wrestling Benoit as a mentor and a hero to Benoit so we
can all get teary-eyed and applaud for the great effort put forth by both of
you. Bullshit! Bret, it's time for you to step up and get in the ring with
Christian and I. Bret, you're supposed to be the PWF World Heavyweight
Champion. Stop hiding behind your title and defend your title.

Christian Cage: Benoit, you've already used up for title shot. You've been
pushed down the totem pole by yours truly and your turn is over. Benoit, you
want to fight someone, you can and find me and we'll have ourselves a real good
fight that ends when they scrape your bloody face off the mat.

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as PWF World Heavyweight Champion Bret
Hart came to the ring with Chris Benoit to cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: Edge, I can understand that you want to make a name for yourself in
the PWF at the expense of me, but you don't come out here and demand a thing
from me. I've battled for everything I have today and I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to you run me down. Edge, you want to take a poke at me, I'm
standing right in front of you.

Chris Benoit: Cage, you need a good ass kicking to set you straight. Cage, if
you think for a damn second that I'm going to bow out to you, you're out of
your mind. Cage, you better put me underneath the mat, because simply bloodying
my face up with a steel chair isn't going to stop me. You're looking at "The
Canadian Crippler," and when I get my hands on you, I'll be deciding if you
deserve to walk away from the ring or be carted out of the ring on a stretcher.

(Edge and Cage got in the faces of Hart and Benoit. Edge and Cage scuffled with
Hart and Benoit. Edge and Cage quickly slide out of the ring and told Hart and
Benoit they'd fight them on their terms. Edge motioned for Hart's PWF World
Heavyweight Championship as they exited the ringside area.)

---

BJ Whitmer pinned Lance Storm with the Exploder '98 in 0:20:24.
Rating: **** 1/2

Interview:
Bryan Danielson interview

("The Final Countdown" by Europe played as Bryan Danielson came to the ring to
cheers from the crowd as they sang along with his entrance music.)

Bryan Danielson: ECW is dead and buried and it was a worthwhile experience for
me to hook up with a bunch of different guys and realize that it's a pleasure
to wrestle for this company and battle with pride and and respect for the
wrestling business. I am the "American Dragon," Bryan Danielson and I look
forward to all challenges that are put in front of me.

("In The Black" by Motorhead played as Ken Kennedy came to the ring to boos
from the crowd. Kennedy stood in the middle of the ring waited for a microphone
to drop from the ceiling.)

Ken Kennedy: Ladies and gentlemen, you are being introduced to the future of
the Professional Wrestling Federation. I weigh in at two-hundred and
forty-three pounds. I hail from Green Bay, Wisconsin. MISTERRRRRRR
KENNEDY......KENNEDY!

(The fans booed Kennedy.)

Ken Kennedy: Danielson, you're out here talking about pride and respect. You
have zero pride and you don't respect a damn thing. You're as phony as they
come when it comes to getting ahead and looking out for yourself. Danielson, standing in front of you is your future and the future of all these fans in
attendance. Danielson, you're talking about a challenge put in front of you,
well, the biggest challenge you're going to have in the history of your stay
in the PWF is standing right in front of you. Danielson, you want to hook up
with new challenges, well I'm going to etch my name in the fabric of the PWF
using you as a needle and thread.

(Kennedy left the ring pointing and staring back at Danielson.)

---

Davey Richards pinned Claudio Castagnoli with the Shooting Star Press in
0:20:04.
Rating: **** 1/4

Christopher Daniels pinned Roderick Strong with the Last Rites in 0:30:40.
Rating: **** 1/4


(Card rating: **** 1/4)

---

PWF Showdown LIV
February 17, 2013