Saturday, February 10, 2007

11/11/11: PWF Showdown XXXVIII

Interview:
CM Punk interview

("Miseria Cantare - The Beginning" by AFI played as CM Punk came to the ring.)

CM Punk: Time and time again I have stepped into the ring wrestling for the
World Heavyweight Championship and each time I do, I come up short. This has
been the story of my days here in the PWF. Every time I get knocked down, I
pick myself up, dust myself off and get back up and fight for the right to
challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship again. Thing is, it's getting
late and I'm tired of waiting around for my day to come. At Battle Final 2011,
it's me versus Samoa Joe for the World Heavyweight Championship one more time.
I can promise all of you fans this, one way or the other, CM Punk will walk out
of Battle Final as World Heavyweight Champion.

(Punk dropped the microphone and left the ring.)

---

Homicide pinned Rey Mysterio Jr. with the Cop Killa in 0:15:54.
Rating: ** 1/2

Doug Williams pinned Chavo Guerrero Jr. with the Chaos Theory in 0:15:14.
Rating: *** 1/4

Interview:
Bryan Danielson interview

("The Final Countdown" by Europe played as Bryan Danielson came to the ring to
boos from the crowd.)

Bryan Danielson: Bret Hart and I have been engaged in quite the little rivalry.
Bret doesn't like me and I have no use for him. Thing is, I owe Bret one. PWF
Battle Final is coming up and Hitman, I owe you one. It's time for me to finish
this gripe between us and for me to move on to bigger and better things.
Hitman, I'm calling you out.

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart came to the ring to cheers
from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: Danielson, don't stand in this ring and pretend to be a big tough
guy, calling me out. You want me, I'm here. I'm not going to go and hide from
you and your bullshit. I kicked your ass inside a cage and The Hart Foundation
kicked your team's ass and took your titles.

Bryan Danielson: Bret, this isn't over, until I say so. Bret, Battle Final,
it's going to you and it's going to be me in a Submission Match.

(The fans cheered the announcement loudly.)

Bret Hart: Dragon, you're even stupider than you look. I have never lost a Submission Match and I'm not about to start with you. Not only am I going to
break your knee into a thousand pieces, I'm going to shatter your back and
break both of your legs. Dragon, you want to wrestle me and force me to submit,
it's going to be a long night for come Battle Final, because I am the best
there, the best there was and the best there ever will be!

(Hart tossed the microphone aside and left the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

---

Triangle Match:
Steve Regal defeated Claudio Castagnoli and Mark Briscoe:
x Castagnoli beat M. Briscoe via the Ricola Bomb in 0:12:46
x Regal beat Castagnoli via the Regal Stretch in 0:20:54
Rating: **** 1/4

BJ Whitmer pinned Yoshihiro Tajiri with the Exploder '98 in 0:21:31.
Rating: *****

Dean Malenko made Perry Saturn submit to the Texas Cloverleaf in 0:26:11.
Rating: ***

Eddie Guerrero pinned Chris Benoit with the Frog Splash in 0:31:27.
Rating: **** 1/4


(Card rating: ****)

---

PWF Showdown XXXVIII
November 11, 2011

-Following the BJ Whitmer vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri match, Paul Heyman and 911 came
to the ring. Heyman whispered something to Tajiri and Tajiri left the ring with
Heyman and 911.