Wednesday, February 28, 2007

6/22/13: PWF Showdown LXI

Interview:
CM Punk interview

("Miseria Cantare" by AFI played as CM Punk came to the ring to boos from
the crowd.)

CM Punk: I don't want to hear the boos and I don't want to hear what anybody
has to say. I brought Colt Cabana back into the PWF as my tag team partner and
he let me down. He cost me six months of my professional wrestling career here
in the PWF. He's a worthless, waste of space. He longer wrestles here in the
PWF and you will not see him anywhere near me anytime in the future. The
question now is what becomes of CM Punk? Well, there is an old adage around
pro-wrestling circles and it goes something like this: To be the man, you've
got to beat the man. Ric Flair, I'm talking to you. Flair, you are the man and
always will be as far professional wrestling goes. Thing is, we're both at
crossroads right now. Ric, you just beat the shit out of three wannabes inside
a steel cage with Piper and Funk. Piper and Funk are gone now. Ric, I'm tired
of running with stiffs around me. Ric, why don't you come out here and we can
bring back something special: The Four Horsemen.

("2001: A Space Odyssey" by The Vangelis played as Ric Flair came to the ring
to cheers from the crowd.)

Ric Flair: Punk, I appreciate the respect you're showing me and I can
understand a man wanting to be apart of something, but there is no Four
Horsemen now and there won't be a Four Horsemen again. The Horsemen are
retired.

CM Punk: Ric Flair, I'm standing here staring a living legend telling me he
doesn't want it anymore. Ric, that makes me sick. Ric, you're a seventeen time
World Heavyweight Champion and can change the face a company with a blink of an
eye. That change for the PWF centers around the formation of a new Four
Horsemen.

Ric Flair: Punk, you don't need anything from me. If you want to reminisce
about the glory days of the Horsemen, we'll have a nice sitdown and a long
chat, but there are no Horsemen in the PWF anymore and I'm simply looking
forward to basking in the cheers from the fans.

(Punk got in Flair's face.)

CM Punk: Ric, I'm not asking anymore. I'm telling you how it's going to go.
Ric, you're about two seconds away from having a problem on your hands.

Ric Flair: Punk, if you think you're going to bully me, you've got another
thing coming pal.

(Flair took off his sport jacket and laid it over the ring ropes. With his back turned, Punk assaulted Flair and began pummeling him into the mat. Punk
stomped on Flair's face and smashed his head off the ring steps. Punk left the
ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

---

Ken Doane pinned Matt Sydal with the Guillotine Legdrop in 0:17:25.
Rating: *** 3/4

Johnny Nitro pinned BJ Whitmer with the Superkick in 0:15:09.
Rating: *** 1/4

The Celtic Gang (Chris Sabin and Ken Kennedy) defeated
Davey Richards and Dean Malenko when Sabin pinned Malenko with the Future Shock
in 0:20:06.
Rating: *** 1/2

Samoa Joe pinned Abyss with the Island Driver in 0:22:16.
Rating: *****

The Celtic Gang (Dave Finlay, David Taylor and Steve Regal) defeated
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) and Bryan Danielson when Regal defeated M. Briscoe when M. Briscoe passed out in the Regal Stretch in
0:28:51.
Rating: **** 3/4

The Undertaker pinned Takeshi Morishima with the Tombstone Piledriver in
0:31:01.
Rating: **** 1/4

Edge and Christian Cage defeated Bret Hart and Chris Benoit when Edge pinned
B. Hart with the Edgecution in 0:42:20.
Rating: *** 3/4


(Card rating: **** 1/4)

---

PWF Showdown LXI
June 22, 2013