Monday, February 19, 2007

1/13/13: PWF Showdown LII

Interview:
Bret Hart interview

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as PWF World Heavyweight Champion Bret
Hart came to the ring to huge cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: After a potential disaster that was averted by the great wrestlers
in the PWF, I stand before all of you fans as THE PWF World Heavyweight
Champion.

(The fans applauded Hart.)

Bret Hart: I figured I was finished with wrestling years ago, but was pulled
back in and I'm so very grateful to be apart of this organization and will
continue to represent this company to the best of my ability as it's World
Heavyweight Champion.

("Whatever" by Our Lady Peace played as Chris Benoit came to the ring to cheers
from the crowd.)

Chris Benoit: Bret, I'm not out here to get into a whole thing with you. I'm
simply out here to stake my claim as the number one contender for the PWF World
Heavyweight Championship. I am the reigning PWF Champions Cup Tournament winner
and I have battled for a long time to be in this ring, wrestling for the World
Heavyweight Championship.

Bret Hart: Benoit, your are the number one contender for the PWF World
Heavyweight Championship and it'd be a pleasure to defend my title against you.

(Hart and Benoit shook hands as the fans cheered. "Metalingus" by Alter Bridge
played as Edge and Christian Cage debuted in the PWF and came to the ring.)

Edge: We can cut all the bullshit, please? Bret, nobody gives a shit about
you're struggle or whatever your yammering about.

Christian Cage: Benoit, you being number one contender means we're all in
serious trouble. You carrying the PWF World Heavyweight Championship is like
putting me on the undercard-it just doesn't make any sense.

Edge: Good one.

Christian Cage: Well, I am an accomplished wrestler.

Edge: Very true.

Chris Benoit: What the hell are you doing here? This has nothing to do with
you.

Christian Cage: Yee of litle faith. It makes all the sense in the world. It's
called making splash. You never have been up on the lingo, Chris.

Edge: Hart, you're not handing out title shots at your own behest. We'll tell
you who is the number one contender and you're looking at him!

("The Champ is Here" by Jadakiss played as Samoa Joe walked out into the aisle
way.)

Samoa Joe: Edge and Cage, you two would be very wise to step aside. You two are
in my way and are screwing around with my title. Hitman, that PWF World
Heavyweight Championship is mine for the taking. Benoit, you want a shot at
that belt, you can step in my face and take it.

Bret Hart: Joe, the fact is, you are owned a re-match for a title you
previously held, but the man standing next to me is the number one contender
and he will be wrestling me for the PWF World Heavyweight Championship at PWF
Revolution.

Samoa Joe: If that's how you want it...fine.

(Joe dropped the microphone and began to walk backstage as Takeshi Morishima hopped the guard rail and leveled Hart and Benoit. Edge and Cage left the ring
as Joe sprinted toward the ring and grabbed Hart by the throat. Joe laid Hart
out with a muscle buster as Joe nailed Benoit with a backdrop driver. Joe
and Morishima left the ring to huge boos from the crowd, having destroyed Hart
and Benoit.)

---

Matt Sydal pinned Yoshihiro Tajiri with the Sydal Press in 0:24:33.
Rating: *****

Interview:
Dave Finlay interview

(Backstage, Dave Finlay sat in his locker room at a desk with Steve Regal
standing in front of him.)

Dave Finlay: Steve, is your boy here and is he serious about joining us?

Steve Regal: Dave, he is here and he's waiting outside to meet with you. He has
every intention of following the plan and doing what you want him to do, just
as I do. I think he'd be a great addition.

Dave Finlay: Steve, we don't want to think. We want to know.

Steve Regal: In that case, I know he's what you're looking for. David, come in
here.

(David Taylor entered the room.)

David Taylor: Finlay, I am here and am at your disposal to work for you and
achieve the goal you have set for us all.

Dave Finlay: David, that's very comforting to you. I have two other gentlemen
in mind to help us long. Nigel, Doug, come over here.

(Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams walked into the locker room.)

Dave Finlay: Nigel, Doug, the last time we were together we were sloppy. We
made too many mistakes and now I focused. Now, I have a goal that with help
from all you, can be achieved. You are either with me or against me.

(Finlay got up from his desk and approached all four men. Finlay slapped Regal,
Taylor, McGuinness and Williams across the face.)

Dave Finlay: Gentlemen, welcome to The Celtic Gang.

(Finlay exited the locker room, followed by his Celtic Gang.)

---

Chris Sabin pinned Lance Storm with the Future Shock in 0:20:17.
Rating: *** 3/4

Interview:
The Rottweilers interview

("I Don't Give a Fuck" by Tupac played as PWF World Tag Team Champions Low Ki
and Dan Maff came to the ring with Homicide.)

Homicide: It's time for changes to made here in the PWF. The lack of respect
for three young, talented wrestlers is over. You folks are looking at The
Rottweilers and we're not being disrespected anymore. We're tearing down the
past and starting anew. We're sick and damn tired of hearing about stiffs that
have come through this company. It's all about who is standing in the ring
right now.

("The Green Hills of Tyrol" by Jim Johnston played as "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
debuted in the PWF and came to the ring to huge cheers from the crowd.)

Roddy Piper: Homicide, what are you and your friends out here trying to prove?
Do you think you can get somewhere by bitching and moaning about lack of
respect. If anyone knows about lack of respect, I guess it would be you,
because I have no respect for you and neither does anyone else in the PWF.

Homicide: Piper, now you stepped to me and it's time for The Rottweilers to
take a bite of your sorry, old ass.

Roddy Piper: You do not throw stones at a man who has a machine gun.

("Fanfare For The Common Man" by Emerson, Lake and Palmer played as Terry Funk
returned to the PWF to huge cheers from the crowd.)

Roddy Piper: You see boys, it's nice to have a history in this business and
develop friendships with men you can trust. Unlike you three punks, I've got a
man standing next to me who I would trust with my life. This man is the
craziest, wildest, son-of-a-gun you're ever going to meet, Terry Funk!

Homicide: Piper, I don't want to hear any more of your bullshit. Fact still
remains, it's three-on-two and we're more than willing to send you two old
scumbags back to the retirement village.

Roddy Piper: Homicide, when you think you have the answers, I change the
questions...

("2001: A Space Odyssey" by The Vangelis played as "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
returned to the PWF to huge cheers from the crowd.)

Ric Flair: WOO!

(The fans all shouted along with Flair.)

Ric Flair: Homicide, if you and Boston terriers want to get involved in a
dogfight, we're hear and ready for you. "The Nature Boy" refuses to stand here
and listen to you punks run down a company I helped build. This is Flair
country boys and it might be time for you three to have a history lesson.

(Flair dropped the microphone and went at it with Homicide. Piper and Funk
began exchanging blows with Low Ki and Maff. Flair low-blowed Homicide and
tossed him out of the ring. Piper and Funk clotheslined Low Ki and Maff over
the top rope. Flair, Piper and Funk stood in the ring as The Rottweilers stared
back at them from the aisle way. The fans cheered Flair, Piper and Funk as The
Rottweilers left the ringside area.)

---

Dean Malenko made BJ Whitmer submit to the Texas Cloverleaf in 0:25:29.
Rating: *** 3/4

Interview:
CM Punk interview

("Miseria Cantare: The Beginning" by AFI played as CM Punk came to the ring.)

CM Punk: It's clear to me that I made a mistake. In turning back on the PWF and
joining up with Paul Heyman and ECW, I literally threw away the most important
accomplishment in my professional wrestling career: the PWF World Heavyweight
Championship. I have made amends and ECW is finished. PWF is the only promotion
I hold allegance to and I am going to battle back to reach the top of the
mountain and reclaim a title I once held.

(The fans cheered Punk.)

CM Punk: Also, it's time for a return that has been long overdue. A man who I
consider an extention of family. A man I've known for years. This man is what a
friend really is and we're going to hook back up and run roughshod over the
PWF: "CLASSIC" COLT CABANA!

("Copa Cabana" by Barry Manilow played as Colt Cabana came to the ring to
cheers from the crowd. Cabana and Punk hugged one another as the fans cheered
The Second City Saints.)

---

Davey Richards pinned Chris Jericho with the Shooting Star Press in 0:35:14.
Rating: *****

Interview:
Ken Kennedy interview

("In The Black" by Motorhead played as Ken Kennedy debuted in the PWF. Kennedy
stood in the center of the ring as a spotlight shown on him. Kennedy held his
arm over his head and waited for a microphone to drop from the ceiling.)

Ken Kennedy: Ladies and gentlemen, you are being introduced to the future of
the Professional Wrestling Federation. I weigh in at two-hundred and
forty-five pounds. I hail from Green Bay, Wisconsin. MISTERRRRRRR
KENNEDY......KENNEDY! Now folks, I am here in the PWF to set an example what it
means to be one of the greats, something you people would know nothing about:
success. I am Ken Kennedy and I am going to show all of you pions what it is
to be a legend. I am already the best wrestler on the roster and you will all
be witnesses to the ire. To the determination. To the quest for glory that
surrounds MISTERRRRRRR KENNEDY......KENNEDY!

(Kennedy left the ring to boos and turned his arm away from fans who were
trying to touch him.)

---

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels defeated
Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) when C. Daniels pinned
Hero with the Last Rites in 0:37:05.
Rating: *****


(Card rating: **** 1/2)

---

PWF Showdown LII
January 13, 2013

-Edge, Christian Cage, David Taylor, Roddy Piper and Ken Kennedy debuted in the
PWF.

-Takeshi Morishima, Matt Sydal, Terry Funk, Ric Flair and Colt Cabana returned to the PWF.