Friday, March 02, 2007

9/14/13: PWF Showdown LXIV (200th Event)

Interview:
The New Four Horsemen interview

("The Four Horsemen" played as The New Four Horsemen (CM Punk, James Gibson and
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)) came to the ring to boos from the
crowd.)

CM Punk: Woo!

(The fans booed Punk.)

CM Punk: "The Nature Boy" is stylin' and profilin all over the PWF ring! Woo!
How many of you ladies in the crowd would like to come on backstage and a take
a ride on Space Mountain. It may be the oldest tide in the park, but...but it's
fucking broken! Flair, you piece of shit, coward. You think you can hide and
keep clear of my Horsemen, you're sadly mistaken. Flair, if you don't come on
down here and get yours, then we'll find you and beat those seventeen world
heavyweight titles right out of your mind, naitch!

(The fans booed Punk as "2001: A Space Odyssey" by The Vangelis played to huge
cheers from the crowd. Ric Flair walked to the ring.)

Ric Flair: CM Punk, I saw you put your New Four Horsemen together and I've got
to say, you've done a helluva job. James Gibson, The Briscoe Brothers and
yourself, I feel it's almost a waste of time for me to even be out here, but
here I am. You see, Punk, I've said it time and time again, to be the man, you've gotta beat the man. Punk, last time I checked, you haven't done a damn
thing to beat me and you're not going to. Punk, you want a war, you've got one!
Let me introduce you to my Four Horsemen.

("The Four Horsemen" played as BJ Whitmer came to the ring and stood next to
Flair to cheers from the crowd.)

Ric Flair: Punk, you want to call James Gibson an "Enforcer," well nobody will
do a better job in the PWF of letting a lot of pent up frustration out when it
comes to enforcing things for the Four Horsemen.

(Austin Aries and Roderick Strong came to the ring and stood next to Flair to
cheers from the crowd.)

Ric Flair: Punk, you claim to have a new wrecking crew in The Briscoe Brothers.
Well, nobody knows how to lay a beating down on you like Austin Aries and
Roderick Strong! Punk, you wanted the old Ric Flair, you've got him and I'd
like to see put your money where your mouth is!

(Punk, Gibson and The Briscoe Brothers quickly went after Flair, Whitmer, Aries
and Strong. Flair and Punk went at it, trading chops as Whitmer laid Gibson out
with a spinebuster. Aries and Strong dropped The Briscoe Brothers over the ropes onto their heads as Flair hit a belly-to-back suplex on Punk and
clotheslined him over the top rope. Flair's Horsemen celebrated their formation
as Punk retreated his Horsemen away from the ring.)

---

Alex Shelley pinned Jerry Lynn with the Shellshock in 0:20:21.
Rating: *** 1/2

Interview:
The Celtic Gang interview

(Backstage, Dave Finlay sat at his desk as PWF North American Heavyweight
Champion Chris Sabin stood in front of Finlay with his head down. PWF
Intercontinental Champion Ken Kennedy, PWF World Tag Team Champions Steve Regal
& David Taylor, Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams stood throughout the locker
room.)

Dave Finlay: Chris, I selected you to be a member of my Celtic Gang because I
thought you were prepared to run wild over the likes of Dean Malenko, but I
guess I'm mistaken. Chris, you've failed me. I shouldn't have to send Regal or
Taylor out during your match for you to win. You don't tap out, EVER! Sabin,
and this goes for everybody. The next man to drop a decision in the ring is
out. Losing can not take place. We must sustain out success and thrive to be
better. When it comes down to a fight, generally we will be victorious, but I
can't have you men slipping up and getting weak. If you do, you're no good to
me. Now, all of you, get prepared for you bouts.

(Sabin, Regal, Taylor, McGuinness and Williams left the locker room as Kennedy
sat down next to a silent Finlay.)

---

Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles defeated ALXchange (Johnny Nitro and Ken Doane) when Styles pinned Nitro with the Styles Clash in 0:30:56.
Rating: ****

Samoa Joe pinned Abyss after a Tombstone Piledriver in 0:31:08.
Rating: *****


(Card rating: **** 1/2)

---

PWF Showdown LXIV (200th Event)
September 14, 2013