Friday, March 09, 2007

2/14/14: PWF Showdown LXX

Interview:
Bret Hart interview

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: You know, you work hard at something to be the best. You reach the
top and all you get to listen to and see are other people trying to tear you
down. I've been a professional wrestler my entire life and I'm sick and tired
of being torn down. Chris Benoit, I used to think of you as a brother. You were
a confidant. You traveled with me, we roomed together and we trained together.
Benoit, I used to hold you in high regard as a man I'd trust with my life. Now
I see you for what you really are, a no good piece of shit.

(The fans cheered.)

Bret Hart: Benoit! You turning your back on me was the best thing that could
have happened, because now, not only am I watching my own back, I don't have
anyone around me to stick a knife through my back. Chris, you want to claim to
have me on your list. Chris, I've got a list of my own and you're the first
name from the top. Chris, don't think that surrounding yourself with scumbags
like The Celtic Gang is going to stop me from getting my hands on your neck and
choking the life out of you. Chris, we will be in the ring together, one-on-one
and I'm not walking out of the ring until I snap your legs in two. Chris, I
thought you were one guy I could count on not to screw me over, but I guess
you're just like everyone else: looking out for your own best interests. From here on out, it's time for the Hitman to start looking out for his own best
interests and show to the entire PWF that he is still the best there is, the
best there was the best there ever will be!

(Hart left the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

---

Alex Shelley pinned Chris Sabin with the Shellshock in 0:20:20.
Rating: **** 1/4

Triangle Match:
BJ Whitmer defeated James Gibson and C.W. Anderson:
x Anderson beat Gibson via the Anderson Spinebuster in 0:15:13
x Whitmer beat Anderson via the Exploder '98 in 0:30:17
Rating: ****

Triangle Match:
The New Four Horsemen (CM Punk, Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) defeated
The Four Horsemen (Austin Aries, Ric Flair and Roderick Strong) and
The Extreme Horsemen (Barry Windham/John Bradshaw Layfield/Steve Corino):
x Strong beat Windham via a tiger driver in 0:20:08
x M. Briscoe beat Aries via the Cutthroat Suplex in 0:52:50
Rating: ****

Low Ki pinned Guido Maritato with the Ki Crusher in 0:30:48.
Rating: *****
(Low Ki retained the PWF North American Heavyweight Championship.)


(Card rating: **** 1/2)

---

PWF Showdown LXX
February 14, 2014