Saturday, March 03, 2007

11/9/13: PWF Showdown LXVII

Interview:
The Celtic Gang interview

("Shoot 'Em Down" by Motorhead played as The Celtic Gang (Dave Finlay, PWF
Intercontinental Champion Ken Kennedy, Steve Regal, David Taylor, Nigel
McGuinness and Doug Williams) came to the ring to boos from the crowd.)

Dave Finlay: The day is approaching. Bret Hart, the clock tolls for thee as
the PWF World Heavyweight Championship slips from your grasp and belongs to me.
To be World Heavyweight Champion, you must be a machine who is willing to
sacrifice himself for the good of his belt. To be World Heavyweight Champion is
to live and die for victory. Defeat is unacceptable and once you are defeated,
you lose all you fought for. To be World Heavyweight Champion is all I can be
and all I must be. Bret, you call yourself the "Hitman," but the thing is,
you're the one with the bullseye on your back. "Hitman?" I think not. PWF World
Heavyweight Champion? Not for much longer. Bret, I watching you and I will not
be defeated. Time is ticking, Bret. Enjoy your title while you have it.

(The Celtic Gang left the ring to boos from the crowd.)

---

Ken Doane pinned Jerry Lynn with the Guillotine Legdrop in 0:22:55.
Rating: ***

Interview:
The Four Horsemen interview

("The Four Horsemen" played as The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, BJ Whitmer and
PWF World Tag Team Champions Austin Aries and Roderick Strong) came to the ring
to cheers from the crowd.)

Ric Flair: CM Punk, I know you're listening and I know you're watching my every
move. Punk, you want to tarnish my legacy and call yourself "The Nature Boy."
Punk you've got nothing on me and you never will. Punk, I've been in this
business for forty years. I've seen them come and seen them go. I've stood the
test of time and will be damned to watch you run around and pretend to be me.
Punk, you're making this personal as you try to run me down and I'm not going
to stand for. Punk, I've got my troops and you've got yours. Punk, if you think
you're going to beat me at my own game, I don't deserve to be called "the man."
I'll see you in hell, Punk!

("Miseria Cantare" by AFI played as The New Four Horsemen (CM Punk, James
Gibson and The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)) came to the ring to boos
from the crowd.)

CM Punk: Flair, not only do I not want to be, I don't want to ever be compared
to a scumbag, son-of-a-bitch like you. Flair, you're nothing as far as I'm
concerned. You're not "the man." You're not the "dirtiest player in the game."
You're not "the sixty-minute man." You're nothing, but a piece of shit. Flair,
your day is gone and my day is now. Flair, if you think you're ill-conceived Horsemen can my Horsemen and I down, you're a fucking idiot. Flair, I'll be
waiting in hell for you and I'll be the guy looking down on you as you're
shoulders are pinned to the mat: one-two-three!

(Punk threw the microphone down and left the ring with his Horsemen as Flair
and Punk stared each other down.)

---

Alex Shelley pinned Lance Storm with the Shellshock in 0:34:33.
Rating: **** 3/4

Interview:
Samoa Joe interview

("The Champ is Here" by Jadakiss played as Samoa Joe came to the ring with
Takeshi Morishima to boos from the crowd.)

Samoa Joe: The Undertaker likes to show off. He thinks he's the biggest and
baddest motherfucker ever to walk the face of the earth...he's NOT! Undertaker,
you might think you've got me all wound up and fixated on destroying him, but
the fact is, I have destroyed you and you've gotten back up. I'm pummeled you
and you've gotten back up. Taker, it comes down to this. The next time we stand
in the ring, eye to eye, I'm not just going to destroy. I'm not just going to
pummel you. I'm going to beat you and bury you so deep in the ground there is
no chance of you getting up. Undertaker, what you've done is taken me to the
next level of competition and I can't sleep until I am finished with you. This
won't be finished until I say so.

(Joe and Morishima left the ring to boos from the crowd.)

---

Chris Jericho pinned Johnny Nitro with the Lionsault in 0:33:05.
Rating: **** 1/4


(Card rating: **** 1/4)

---

PWF Showdown LXVII
November 9, 2013