Tuesday, March 06, 2007

1/17/14: PWF Showdown LXIX

Interview:
The Celtic Gang interview

("Shoot 'Em Down" by Motorhead as The Celtic Gang (PWF World Heavyweight
Champion Dave Finlay, PWF Intercontinental Champion Ken Kennedy, Chris Benoit,
Steve Regal, David Taylor, Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams) came to the
ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

Dave Finlay: You see, when I say something is going to happen, it happens,
regardless of the circumstances involved. I told everyone I would stand here
as PWF World Heavyweight Champion and guess what, I am the new PWF World
Heavyweight Champion.

(The fans booed Finlay.)

Dave Finlay: Bret Hart, your day is past and you have been torn down by a
stronger being, that being The Celtic Gang!

(Finlay handed the microphone to Benoit as the fans exploded with boos.)

Chris Benoit: Why? Why do something like that to a friend, a mentor, a hero?
Bret, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

(The fans exploded with boos.)

Chris Benoit: Bret, this is your fault, not mine. Your inability to lead us to victory forced me here today. Bret, you were holding me back and now for your
own well being, it's best you hold yourself back from coming out here and
getting your ass handed to you by a throng of Celtic Gang members. Bret, when I
broke that steel chair across your skull, it was the greatest thing that I
could have done. No more being promised title shots. No more being YOUR tag
team partner. Bret, you want a piece of me, you've got a long way to go to get
to me. Hitman, you're on my list and that list requires you to be crippled by
yours truly.

(The Celtic Gang left the ring to boos from the crowd.)

---

Guido Maritato made Dean Malenko submit to the Sicilian Crab in 0:27:54.
Rating: **** 1/4

The Celtic Gang (Doug Williams and Nigel McGuinness) defeated
Los Guerreros (Eddie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero Jr.) when McGuinness pinned
E. Guerrero with the Tower of London in 0:20:09.
Rating: ****

Interview:
The New Four Horsemen interview

("The Four Horsemen" by Metallica played as The New Four Horsemen (CM Punk,
James Gibson and The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)) came to the ring to
huge boos from the crowd.)

CM Punk: Oh, big and bad "Nature Boy" Ric Flair thought he was going to walk
into Battle Final and beat me. Naitch, you're in way over your head this time
around. Ric, you're not up against one guy with three men behind you. With me,
comes my Horsemen and Ric, last time I checked, we're fully capable to kick
your ass anytime we please.

("The Four Horsemen" by WCW played as The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, BJ Whitmer
and PWF World Tag Team Champions Austin Aries & Roderick Strong) to the
ring to huge cheers from the crowd.)

Ric Flair: PUNK! You want to mock me and try to embarass me by duplicating me
in the ring! Punk, why don't you go back to training and get yourself together
before you come at me with a bunch of bullshit about being "the man." Punk,
you're nothing. Not only was Battle Final a fluke, but I'm going to show you
right now what happens when you piss me off...

(Flair approached Punk as "Fire" by Scooter played. Steve Corino walked to the ring
followed by C.W. Anderson, Barry Windham and John
Bradshaw Layfield to the shock of the crowd.)

Steve Corino: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Gentlemen, let's take a nice step back from
this hostile situation so I can introduce the PWF to my Extreme Horsemen!
Ladies and gentlemen, my enforcer, "The Enforcer" C.W. Anderson! When it comes
down to a wrecking crew, nobody is going to screw around with Barry Windham and
John Bradshaw Layfield! Not to mention, that you are all witnesses to the
return of "The King of Old School" Steve Corino!

(The fans gave Corino a mixed reaction.)

CM Punk: Corino, what the fuck do you think you're doing here? You don't
wrestle here anymore and the last time we hooked up in the ring, I kicked your
ass and took your title from you.

Steve Corino: Punk, that was a long time ago and you out here spouting some
bullshit about The New Four Horsemen is the biggest crock of shit I've ever
heard. Punk, Flair, you two want a war Horsemen style, you come and find me
and my Extreme Horsemen and we'll show you how it's down. I've assembled the
most deadly group of Horsemen ever thought up and you two fools don't just have
each other to watch out for now, because I'm stepping in the middle here and
making sure the real Horsemen reign supreme.

Ric Flair: Never before have I been involved with two guys so badly wanting to
tear me down, yet not understanding what they'r getting into. Punk, Corino,
you're looking at Mr. Horsemen as far as I'm concerned and if you two want to
screw around with me, you're in for a world of pain. Woo!

(Corino cheapshotted Flair as all three Horsemen groups went at it. Corino,
Punk and Flair exchanged blows as Windham and Layfield laid out The Briscoe
Brothers and Aries & Strong. Anderson lariated both Gibson and Whitmer.
Corino low blowed Punk and poked Flair in the eyes. Corino tossed both men on
top of their respective groups and left the ring with his Extreme Horsemen.)

---

Can-Am Express (Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm) and Chris Jericho defeated
ALXchange (Alex Shelley, Johnny Nitro and Ken Doane) when Jericho pinned Shelley
with a Lionsault in 0:30:50.
Rating: *** 1/2

Low Ki pinned Chris Sabin with the Ki Crusher in 0:30:44.
Rating: **** 1/4
(Low Ki won the PWF North American Heavyweight Championship.)


(Card rating: ****)

---

PWF Showdown LXIX
January 17, 2014

-During the event, Guido Maritato, Low Ki, Steve Corino and C.W. Anderson
returned to the PWF.

During the event, Barry Windham and John Bradshaw Layfield debuted in the PWF.