Wednesday, March 21, 2007

8/15/14: PWF Showdown LXXVII

Interview:
Ken Kennedy interview

("In The Black" by Motorhead played as PWF Intercontinental Champion Ken
Kennedy came to the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

Ken Kennedy: Ladies and gentlemen, you are being introduced to the PWF
Intercontinental Champion. I weigh in at two-hundred and forty-nine pounds. I
hail from Green Bay, Wisconsin. MISTERRRRRRR KENNEDY...KENNEDY!

(The fans cheered.)

Ken Kennedy: Overthrowing a dictator isn't easy. However, I proved to the world
at PWF GrandSlam that it can be done. Finlay, you were nothing and you are
nothing without me. Finlay, I brought stability to your Celtic Gang and made it
work. Now, your Celtic Gang is championshipless, weak and on the verge of
collapse. You don't screw around with a man who has the balls to overthrow a
stern ruler. You see, I'm Mr. Kennedy and not only do I love to fight, I demand
to win.

("Running With The Devil" by Van Halen played as the new PWF World Heavyweight
Champion Davey Richards came to the ring to huge cheers from the crowd.)

Davey Richards: Kennedy, I'm not out here to go on a long spiel, I'm simply
going to congratulate on finally breaking free from Dave Finlay and becoming
your own person. Fact is, I am the new PWF World Heavyweight Champion and when you want a title shot, you come and find me and I'll give it to you.

(Kennedy nodded graciously to Richards as the fans cheered. Richards left the
ring to cheers from the crowd.)

Ken Kennedy: For once, a PWF World Heavyweight Champion who doesn't dodge the
competition and hide behind other people. Finlay, you know I'm talking about
you because the only reason you held the PWF World Heavyweight Championship as
long as you did is because you had me buried behind him.

("Shoot 'Em Down" by Motorhead played as The Celtic Gang (Dave Finlay, Steve
Regal, David Taylor, Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams) came to the ring to
huge boos from the crowd.)

Dave Finlay: Kennedy, you must think you're a very smart man, don't you? Well,
from the looks of things, you're stupider than I thought. These four men
standing here next to me aren't just going to beat the shit out of you, we're
going to make sure you never step foot in a wrestling ring ever again.

(McGuinnes and Williams stepped out from behind Finlay and stood behind
Kennedy.)

Dave Finlay: Where the fuck do you think you two are going?!

Ken Kennedy: Dave, it's over. You're finished. We're tired of following a man
who can't live up to this promises or seal the deal. Dave, why don't you do
yourself a favor and talk a walk.

(Finlay got in Kennedy's face.)

Dave Finlay: Kennedy, you listen and you listen good. Not only will I end your
career, I'm burying you in the ground. Nobody stabs me in the back and gets
away with it. You've stolen my championship. You've stolen my reign. You've
stolen my career. Kennedy, your fucking dead.

Ken Kennedy: You just tell me when and where, and I'll be there. Make sure
you've got my plot dug beforehand, or it might just be that I toss you in the
hole I've dug for you.

(Finlay and Kennedy began trading blows as McGuinness & Williams fought with
Regal & Finlay. Kennedy, McGuinness and Williams staggered Finlay, Regal and
Taylor. Finlay led Regal and Taylor out of the ring and told them to walk
away. Finlay pointed at Kennedy and led Regal and Taylor backstage.)

---

James Gibson defeated Chris Sabin when Chris Sabin passed out in the
Trailer Hitch in 0:21:32.
Rating: ***

Interview:
Chris Benoit interview

("Whatever" by Our Lady Peace played as Chris Benoit came to the ring to boos
from the crowd.)

Chris Benoit: So Bret Hart wants to take this fight to a different level. Well,
Bret, all you had to do was ask. Notwithstanding the gripe between The Celtic
Gang, I am still here Bret and as a matter of fact, The Celtic Gang is finished
as far as I'm concerned. I joined the group and started this situation Bret.
Thing is, I'm out of The Celtic Gang and I'm not finished with you yet. If you
think I'm going to allow myself to be insulted by you and beaten down while
unconscious. Bret, if you think you've won, you're once again full of shit!
Come on, Hitman, bring your ass out here so I can show you what a crippler is
all about!

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart hit the ring and tackled
Benoit. Hart and Benoit traded blows as the fans went wild. Benoit headbutted
Hart and tossed him threw the ropes into the guard rail. Benoit got a steel
chair from ringside and began smashing Hart with it. Benoit whipped the chair
at Hart and left the ringside area as the fans booed him out of the building.)

---

Triangle Match:
Alex Shelley defeated Guido Maritato and Dean Malenko:
x Malenko beat Maritato via the Texas Cloverleaf in 0:19:19
x Shelley beat Malenko via the Shellshock in 0:30:05
Rating: **** 1/4

Interview:
New Four Horsemen interview

("The Four Horsemen" by Metallica played as The New Four Horsemen (CM Punk,
James Gibson and The Briscoe Brothers: Jay & Mark Briscoe) came to the ring to
huge boos from the crowd.)

CM Punk: Woo! How good it must feel to be "The Nature Boy!" Woo!

(The fan booed Punk.)

CM Punk: Yes, how good it must feel to be beaten within an inch of your life
and left for dead, not knowing if you'll recover. How does it feel, Ric? How
does it feel to realize you're finished and you've lost. How does it feel,
Naitch? That's right, silence. It's hard to talk when you have no voicebox left
from screaming as doctors try and put your body back together. Ric, you're
done. It's over. I am THE MAN and there isn't a damn thing anybody can do
about it.

("The Four Horsemen" by WCW played as The Four Horsemen (BJ Whitmer, Austin
Aries and Roderick Strong) came to the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

BJ Whitmer: Punk, you're name is quite apropos. That's all you are and that's
all you're going to be. I used to respect you, but now I wouldn't piss on you
if you were on fire. Punk, you can blow smoke up everyone's ass all you like,
but as long as I'm breathing, I'm not going to allow a scumbag like you soil the name and legend of Ric Flair and the real Four Horsemen.

CM Punk: Well, isn't that terrific. I don't recall telling you your opinion and
thus, I don't give a shit what you think. Whitmer, Aries and Strong, take a
step back and go away. You're in way over your head.

(Whitmer shoved Punk. Punk dropped the microphone and squared off with Whitmer.
Whitmer, Aries and Strong went at it with Punk, Gibson and The Briscoe
Brothers. Aries and Strong hit a pair of stereo dropkicks on The Briscoe
Brothers, sending them over the top rope. Whitmer quickly spine bustered Gibson
and then executed the Exploder '98 on Punk. Whitmer clotheslined Punk over the
top rope and celebrated with his fellow Horsemen as The New Four Horsemen left
the ringside area.)

---

Ken Doane pinned Chris Jericho with the Guillotine Legdrop in 0:35:05.
Rating: *****

Triangle Match:
Next Generation Aces (Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro) defeated
Can-Am Express (Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm) and Paul London and Brian Kendrick:
x Kendrick beat L. Storm via the Sliced Bread #2 in 0:17:21
x Mercury beat Kendrick via the Future Shock in 0:34:05
Rating: *** 1/4

The Four Horsemen (Austin Aries and Roderick Strong) defeated
The World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas) when Aries
pinned Haas with the 450 Splash in 0:32:17.
Rating: **** 1/4


(Card rating: ****)

---

PWF Showdown LXXVII
August 15, 2014

-Ken Kennedy announced the formation of his stable, The Kennedy Compound,
consisting of himself, Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams.

-Chris Benoit left The Celtic Gang.