Tuesday, March 20, 2007

7/18/14: PWF Showdown LXXVI

Interview:
Four Horsemen interview

("2001: A Space Odyssey" by The Vangelis played as The Four Horsemen
(Ric Flair, BJ Whitmer, Austin Aries and Roderick Strong) came to the ring to
cheers from the crowd.)

Ric Flair: All my career I've had people come after me and attempt to etch
their name in history using name. Thing is, I'm still here. I'm not ready to go
anywhere, unlike what CM Punk might want. I'm The Nature Boy. I'm the dirtiest
player in the game. I AM THE MAN!

(Flair took off his sport jacket.)

Ric Flair: CM Punk, you look into my eyes and listen to what I'm saying loud
and clear. Punk, if you want to get sickening over this thing, you've got it!
Nobody knows the tricks of the trade better than I do. I'm not a seventeen-time
World Heavyweight Champion for nothing. Every guy who has ever tried to come
after me and tear me down, I built a bigger and better building right next to
him and ran him out of business. Nobody fucks with Ric Flair unless he tells
them to. Punk, you're ass will belong to me when I finish this situation
created by yet another man trying to make his legacy off of mine. WOO!

(The fans all shouted along with Flair. The Four Horsemen left the ring to
cheers from the crowd.)

---

Eddie Guerrero pinned Dean Malenko with the Frog Splash in 0:35:47.
Rating: *****

Interview:
Kings of Wrestling interview

("Holding Out For A Hero" by Bonnie Tyler played as the Kings of Wrestling
(Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) came to the ring with manager Larry Sweeney.)

Chris Hero: Triple H likes to speak as if though he is this superior being.
Triple H thinks he is some kind of master of the wrestling profession. Well,
Triple H, this isn't your company and this isn't your place. Triple H, to reach
the top of the PWF, it's not about who you know or where you come from. It's
about superiority and you don't have it. Triple H, you're looking at one of the
men who embody the PWF and have made it what it is today. Standing alongside me
is one of the other men who helped pave the way for the PWF you're looking at
today in Claudio Castagnoli. Claudio is a man who doesn't like to have to be
proclaimed good or bad or take sides in such bickering, but he is and always
will be a king, a king of wrestling. Triple H, I have had my handed raised
after stepping foot in the ring with you and I will when we step face-to-face
again. Triple H, you and Shawn Michaels aren't what the PWF is about and when
we're through with you two, you won't ever set foot in the PWF again.

(Hero, Castagnoli and Sweeney left the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

---

Can-Am Express (Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm) defeated
The Celtic Gang (Doug Williams and Nigel McGuinness) when L. Storm pinned
Williams with the Deep Impact Piledriver in 0:21:38.
Rating: *** 1/2

Ken Doane pinned Alex Shelley after the Guillotine Legdrop in 0:26:37.
Rating: **** 1/4

Steve Austin pinned Takeshi Morishima with the Stone Cold Stunner in 0:30:08.
Rating: **** 3/4

Kurt Angle pinned Samoa Joe after the Angle Slam in 0:30:07.
Rating: *****


(Card rating: **** 1/2)

---

PWF Showdown LXXVI
July 18, 2014