Tuesday, March 20, 2007

7/11/14: PWF Showdown LXXV

Interview:
Celtic Gang interview

("Shoot 'Em Down" by Motorhead played as The Celtic Gang (PWF World Heavyweight
Champion Dave Finlay, PWF Intercontinental Champion Ken Kennedy, Chris Benoit,
Steve Regal, David Taylor, Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams) came to the ring
to huge boos from the crowd. Kennedy got a microphone from ringisde prior to
Finlay doing so.)

Ken Kennedy: Ladies and gentlemen, you are being introduced to the PWF
Intercontinental Champion. I weigh in at two-hundred and forty-seven pounds. I
hail from Green Bay, Wisconsin. MISTERRRRRRR CHAMPIONS CUP......CUP!

(Finlay grabbed the microphone away from Kennedy and got in his face.)

Dave Finlay: Kennedy, are you trying to show me up?

Ken Kennedy: Dave, I'm simply speaking for myself and letting the world know
just who I am.

Dave Finlay: We all saw the Champions Cup and know the outcome. I am proud of
you for representing my Celtic Gang and winning the PWF Champions Cup. However,
Kennedy, understand this is my Celtic Gang, not yours. Adhere to the laws I
have set in place for this organization, or we're going to have a problem.

Ken Kennedy: Duly noted. However, I feel forced to ask this question and if it has to be in front of everybody, so be it. Finlay, I am in-line for a shot at
the PWF World Heavyweight Championship. When is that coming to go to fruition?

Dave Finlay: You're in-line for a title shot? Says who? I am the PWF World
Heavyweight Champion. I decide if I am to defend this title, not you. Davey
Richards is next on my list, not you. I owe that young man a beating based on
your Champions Cup tournament. Kennedy, you need to understand this isn't a
mechanism for your personal profit. This mechanism was created by ME to service
ME. Everybody in this ring should understand that, or they shouldn't be
standing in the damn ring.

(Kennedy bite his tounge and stood next to McGuinness and Williams.)

Dave Finlay: Now, before I was interrupted.

(Finlay glared at Kennedy as Kennedy gave it right back to him.)

Dave Finlay: As I mentioned, Davey Richards is next on my list. That man feels
he can do as he wishes, but the fact is, he can't. I won't allow it. He pinned
my shoulders to the mat and in doing so, insulted me. Richards, I will wrestle
you and am willing to place MY World Heavyweight Heavyweight Championship up
for grabs in the match, just to get my hands around your neck. Richards, you're staring at your future and your future is grim.

(Finlay dropped the microphone and led the way as The Celtic Gang left the
ring to boos from the crowd, with Kennedy exiting last.)

---

Next Generation Aces (Joey Mercury and Johnny Nitro) defeated
Brian Kendrick and Paul London when Nitro pinned London with the Superkick in
0:21:55.
Rating: *** 1/4

Interview:
Triple H & Shawn Michaels interview

("The Game" by Motorhead played as Triple H and Shawn Michaels came to the ring
to boos from the crowd.)

Triple H: I'm not used to defeat. It doesn't set well with me. Never has, never
will. In coming back to the PWF and falling victim to Chris Hero, most of you
would expect I'd take off and that'd be the end of Triple H, but I'm still
here. Hero, you are without a doubt more trouble than I've had to deal with in
a long time, but it's still early. Chris, standing here in this ring is the
most deadly combination in the history of this business. Where we go, pain
follows. I know Shawn will agree me that your pain has yet to be felt. I will
have the final word on this situation and it only ends when you see my bloody
hand raised.

(Triple H and Michaels left the ring to boos from the crowd.)

---

Guido Maritato defeated David Taylor when David Taylor passed out in the
Sicilian Crab in 0:22:09.
Rating: **** 1/4

Interview:
New Four Horsemen interview

("The Four Horsemen" by Metallica played as The New Four Horsemen (CM Punk,
James Gibson and The Briscoe Brothers: Jay & Mark Briscoe) came to the ring to
boos from the crowd.)

CM Punk: One set of Horsemen down, one to go. The so called Extreme Horsemen
have been slayed and brought to the glue factory. Steve Corino stuck his nose
in my business and got his ass kicked. Corino went down in a very similar
manner to the way Ric Flair is going to be put to rest. Only difference is when
I'm down with Flair, he won't be able to bleach his hair enough or tan his skin
enough to get the blood off of it. "Slick" Ric, the only reason you got the
chance to call yourself "The Man," is because you did it before I was born.
Flair, you yourself claim to know how to be "The Man." That was before you ran
into me. You see, to be "The Man," it doesn't only involve beating "The Man,"
it involves destroying "The Man," so he can't ever come back and try to reclaim
his spot. Ric, you've made a fatal error in judgment. You should have retired a
long time ago and saved yourself a lot of energy you don't have anymore. Ric,
this will never be over until I end your fucking career! Woo!

(The New Horsemen left the ring to boos from the crowd.)

---

Chris Jericho made Steve Regal submit to the Walls Of Jericho in 0:31:30.
Rating: ****


(Card rating: ****)

---

PWF Showdown LXXV
July 11, 2014