Wednesday, November 01, 2006

11/27/07: PWF Tuesday Night Wrestling #47

Interview:
Bret Hart speaks about Starrcade and the PWF World Heavyweight Championship

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart came to the ring to huge
cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: Starrcade is a few weeks away and the match is already set. My PWF
World Heavyweight Championship shot has already been determined. I finally get
my re-match from PWF Showdown in September when Triple H has his Dangerous
Alliance interfere and cost me the title. People tend to think being a champion
is just about being the guy who wrestles in the main event, gets to come out
for an interview and gets cheered or booed. Being the World Heavyweight
Champion is about blood, sweat, work ethic, desire and the ability to rise
above everyone else and stake claim to being the best there is. Ric Flair, The
Rock and Triple H have done that to a degree here in the PWF, but in some way
shape or form they've failed. To be World Heavyweight Champion is complete and
utter focus and determination to defend that title whenever challenged. To be
World Heavyweight Champion is to go out with a busted knee or busted back and
defend that title against whomever is put in front you. To be World Heavyweight
Champion is to go out and put your career on the line to defend that title and
afterwards, walk away with your title entact. At Starrcade, Triple H, I'm going
to show you what it takes to be World Heavyweight Champion when I step in the
ring with you and take your World Heavyweight Championship, because I am the
best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will!

(The fans cheered Bret Hart as he walked backstage.)

---

AJ Styles pinned Simon Diamond with the Styles Clash in 0:25:05.
Rating: **** 1/4

Interview:
Kurt Angle discusses his feud with Steve Austin

("Medal" by Jim Johnston played as Kurt Angle came to the ring to huge boos
from the crowd.)

Kurt Angle: Steve Austin and I have had an issue now since May and if Austin
thinks he's going to be the one to finish it, he's out of his fucking mind!
Steve, we've exchanged victories for six months and it's time for this to come
to an end. Steve, Starrcade, I want your ass in the ring, so I can break your
ankle into one thousand pieces and leave you laying within an inch of your
life. Steve, it's my turn to step forward and onto better things. Steve, this
feud between the two us is going to come to an end and it's going to end when
I beat the living hell out of you on the biggest stage in the PWF. Steve, I
know you can't stand the fact that you're not as technically sound as me. I
know you can't stand the fact that I'm a wrestling legend and you're not. I
know you can't stand the fact that when this is over, I will stake claim as the
man who destroyed "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. Steve, your day is coming and I'm
sorry for you, because I'm not being held resposible for what I do to you once
that bell sounds.

(Angle left the ring as the fans booed him.)

---

Shocker pinned Silver King with the Flying Elbowdrop in 0:30:57.
Rating: **** 1/4

Interview:
Steve Corino discusses The Triple Threat

("Come With Me" by Puff Daddy & Jimmy Page played as Steve Corino came to the
ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

Steve Corino: All I hear from everyone before coming to the PWF is watch out
for The Triple Threat, Shane Douglas has that group firing on all cylinders. I
put together The Extreme Horsemen, we get to the PWF and we make Shane Douglas
and his Triple Threat look like an opening act. Shane, you've got to be able to
do better than what you've put together. Shane, was I supposed to step back and
quiver with fear when I hear the that The Triple Threat are here in the PWF?
Are you fucking kidding? Shane, the next step in this saga for me is quite
simple. Shane, you've got something that by all intents and purposes you may as
well hand over to me: the PWF Intercontinental Championship. Shane, not only
have I pinned your shoulders to the mat once, but I've done it on multiple
occasions already and I am the only contender for that title. I expect you to
step up and give me the shot I have already earned. Shane, you want to talk
about being a "Franchise." A franchise is the top of the game and the
untouchable. Well, you're looking at "The Franchise" in the middle of the ring.
Shane, it's time for me and you to hook up for that Intercontinental
Championship. Shane, I want your title and I want it at Starrcade. Go ahead and
stew about me making you look bush league, but the fact remains, I will be PWF
Intercontinental Champion, whether your like it or not!

(Corino left the ring to boos from the crowd.)

---

Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko defeated The Dudley Boys when Malenko made D-Von
submit to the Texas Cloverleaf in 0:35:29.
Rating: *** 1/2


Card rating: *** 3/4

---

PWF Tuesday Night Wrestling #47
November 27, 2007