Wednesday, January 09, 2008

9/15/18: PWF Showdown #147

Interview:
Jim Cornette interview

(As the event began, PWF Owner Jim Cornette came to the ring.)

Jim Cornette: I'm not out here to try and smooth things over or take sides
against either man. As a matter of fact, I'm out here with a request. Bret
Hart, if you would, please make your way to the ring. Chris Hero, please make
your way to the ring as well.

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart came to the ring to cheers
from the crowd. "Holding Out For a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler played as Chris Hero
came to the ring to boos from the crowd. Both men stood on opposite sides of
Cornette, glaring at each other.)

Jim Cornette: Gentlemen, I'm not out here to get punched in the face again or
get in the middle of another scuffle, so please do try and control yourselves.
I'm out here regarding Extreme Championship Wrestling. Steve Corino of ECW laid
down the challenge and I accepted. At PWF WarGames, ECW is coming here to the
PWF with Steve Corino, Rhino, Jerry Lynn and C.W. Anderson to battle four of
our guys for the PWF Quadrathlon Survivor Championship. I am out here to
recruit the two most seasoned and successful veterans I have on my roster to
form one half of the PWF team. Gentlemen, this isn't about Bret Hart and this
isn't about Chris Hero; this is about the PWF versus ECW. You two have to put
your personal differences aside and stand up for the PWF.

Chris Hero: Mr. Cornette, I will gladly be a part of the Team PWF. I am THE PWF
and always have been. It's also important to remember, I'm not the guy in this
ring who has left and returned to the PWF on multiple occasions.

(Cornette immediately urged Hart to ignore Hero's comments.)

Bret Hart: Jim Cornette, I appreciate your offer and truly wish I could join
Team PWF to put ECW in their place, but I can't swallow my pride that easily
and team with a piece of shit like Chris Hero. I can't trust the man and
thinking back, don't know why I ever did.

Jim Cornette: Bret, we need you to captain the team with Hero. We can't have
ECW come in here and tear us down.

Bret Hart: Jim, like I already said, I can't trust Hero and thus I can't join
Team PWF; you'll have to find somebody else.

(Hart left the ring as Brent Albright came to the ring. Albright and Hart
stared at one another while walking in separate directions.)

Brent Albright: Jim Cornette, you can add me to the team and expect nothing
else than success on my part.

(Mike Quackenbush came to the ring.)

Mike Quackenbush: Jim Cornette, I would feel privileged to stand in the ring
and defend the PWF. You can add my name to the team.

Jim Cornette: Gentlemen, I appreciate your willingness to stand up and fight
for your company. We're about two months away and we're one man short.
Nevertheless, it's my contention that ECW doesn't have anything on us.

(Cornette left the ring, followed by Hero, Albright and Quackenbush.)

---

Joey Matthews pinned Kevin Steen with the Inverted DDT in 0:20:51.
Rating: **** 1/4

Jimmy Rave pinned Claudio Castagnoli with the Pedigree in 0:30:09.
Rating: *****

Mistico and Tiger Mask IV defeated Rocky Romero and Jack Evans when Mistico
pinned Romero after spinning headscissors into a cradle in 0:31:14.
Rating: *****

Christian pinned Chris Benoit with the Unprettier in 0:30:35.
Rating: *****

Brent Albright pinned Edge after an exploder suplex in 0:41:05.
Rating: *****


(Card rating: *****)

---

PWF Showdown #147
September 15, 2018
Event #451

-During the Mistico and Tiger Mask IV vs. Rocky Romero and Jack Evans match,
with Mistico and Romero as the legal men, Romero whipped Mistico into the ropes
as Mistico attempted a flying huracanrana; Romero caught Mistico and spin him
around into a spinning backbreaker. Romero taunted Mistico and went for the
cover; Mistico sprung to his feet and bounced off the ropes where he executed a
spinning headscissors into a cradle on Romero for the pinfall victory. Romero
got to his feet in disbelief. Evans came into the ring and knocked Tiger Mask
off the ring apron. Romero dropkicked Referee Paul Turner and began pounding
on Mistico. Romero began pulling at the mask of Mistico. Romero tried to pull
Mistico's mask off, but was met with resistance from Mistico. Romero tore a
piece of Mistico's mask off from the middle of the mask and threw him into the
ringpost. Romero and Evans left the ring to boos from the crowd.