Saturday, January 26, 2008

11/3/18: PWF Showdown #150

Interview:
Brent Albright interview

("Live To Win" by Motorhead played as Brent Albright came to the ring to boos
from the crowd.)

Brent Albright: PWF WarGames: the battle between the PWF and ECW. An elite
group of wrestlers matched against each other as teams to fight for their
respective companies. In the end, the PWF was victorious because of one man and
one man alone: me! No Brent Albright and the PWF gets its ass kicked courtesy
of the Extreme Horsemen and ECW. It's been a long road for the Gunner to be
able to stand in this ring like this. I have reached the peak of the mountain
and I am primed to plant my flag at the top. The PWF World Heavyweight
Championship is my mission and it will be completed when I take Matt Sydal and
break his arm in half and take his PWF World Heavyweight Championship.

("Limb From Limb" by Motorhead played as Adam Pearce came to the ring to cheers
from the crowd. Pearce faced off with Albright.)

Adam Pearce: Albright, you were impressive at WarGames and you did right by the
entire company by finally stepping forward and looking out for someone other
than yourself, but in the end, it was just a vehicle for you to challenge for
the PWF World Heavyweight Championship. Well, in case you didn't notice, I am
the man who is owed another shot at Sydal's title because I am the man who
pinned his shoulders to the mat-not you.

Brent Albright: Pearce, you don't belong out here and if you step out of line
and insult me again, I'll make sure you never walk anywhere ever again. By
being the sole survivor of WarGames and winning for the PWF, yes, I was looking
out for old number one, which is exactly the point. Pearce, simply because you
run around and tell people you're something special, doesn't mean you are.
WarGames, I proved to this company and all of those naysayer's in ECW that the
backbone of the PWF is "The Gun For Hire" Brent Albright!

Adam Pearce: Brent, you've finally validated yourself to everybody, great, now
step aside while I call Sydal out here and take his title from him.

(Albright shoved Pearce and the two began to square off as "Woke Up This
Morning" by A-3 played and Bolin Services members PWF World Heavyweight
Champion Matt Sydal and Kenny Bolin came to the ring to boos from the crowd.)

Kenny Bolin: Gentlemen, gentlemen. I don't know where either one of you gets
off staking claim to a title you've never held and will never hold. Pinfall
victories in tag team matches or outlasting another company doesn't make you
what Matt Sydal is and that is THE PWF World Heavyweight Champion! If you two
wannabes want a shot at Mr. Sydal's title, then you can go at it and earn a
shot, but as of right now, Matt Sydal recognizes nobody as the number one
contender to his championship belt.

Adam Pearce: Bolin, if all it takes is me beating Brent Albright, consider it
done.

Brent Albright: Pearce, you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into with
a statement like that and I'll make it easy for you. PWF Blaze of Glory, I
break your arm in fifteen different places and then go on to raise my hand with
your broken one.

(Albright stormed out of the ring pointing and taunting both Pearce and Sydal.
Sydal held his title high in the air and smirked at Pearce, who left the ring,
staring down Sydal the entire way.)

---

Kevin Steen pinned Tiger Mask IV with the Package Piledriver in 0:20:11.
Rating: **** 3/4

James Gibson made Jack Evans submit to the Trailer Hitch in 0:20:20.
Rating: *****

Chris Benoit made AJ Styles submit to the Crippler Crossface in 0:35:18.
Rating: **** 1/4

Mike Quackenbush pinned Alex Shelley with the Quackendriver in 0:31:03.
Rating: *****

Interview:
Bret Hart interview

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart came to the ring to cheers
from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: PWF WarGames had no nonsense and no bullshit. Chris Hero acted like
a man and I respect him for that. The PWF beat ECW and Hero lived up to his end
of the deal, as I did mine. Hero, I'm ready to shake your hand and bury the
hatchet.

("Holding Out For a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler played as Kings of Wrestling members
Chris Hero and Larry Sweeney came to the ring to a mixture of cheers and boos.)

Chris Hero: Bret, I suppose I should be out here to simply shake your hand and
bury the hatchet, but I'm not! Hitman, I'm not going to shake your hand,
because I'm not finished with you. Sure, I put our differences aside at
WarGames and we worked as a team, but that was one time. That one time is over
and now it's simply a matter of time before we hook up in the ring and I kick
your ass all over the fucking thing!

Bret Hart: Hero, I tried to be humble and essentially swallow my pride, but I
can see that was a mistake. You wan to get into it, fine, you tell me when and
where and I'll show up...but, remember, Chris, I'm not going to be the hunted
when we step in the ring and I'm not going to lay down for you. Hero, you want
to screw with me, you my friend are in for a realization that you will never be
better than me.

(Hart tossed his microphone aside and left the ring as Sweeney calmed Hero
down.)

---

Chris Jericho made BJ Whitmer submit to the Walls Of Jericho in 0:26:46.
Rating: **** 3/4
(Chris Jericho retained the PWF Double Crown Championship.)


(Card rating: **** 3/4)

---

PWF Showdown #150
November 3, 2018
Event #459