Tuesday, January 02, 2007

6/12/09: PWF Showdown IX

Interview:
Samoa Joe starts from the beginning

("Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J played as Samoa Joe came to the ring.)

Samoa Joe: I dominated the PWF. I won the first ever Champions Cup. I ended
Chris Hero's year long reign as PWF World Heavyweight Champion. Then I was
introduced to Kenta Kobashi. I haven't been able to defeat Kobashi and at PWF
Sudden Impact, I lost my PWF World Heavyweight Championship to Kobashi. In a
competitive field, when you can't complete a goal you have for yourself, you
begin to second guess your ability. I never thought this would be me, but I
have come to a place in this ring where I feel it's necessary to start from the
beginning. I will work my way back up to the main event starting from the other
end of the spectrum. If I ever do regain my dominance, I will once again be PWF
World Heavyweight Champion and complete a goal I have set for myself, in
defeating Kenta Kobashi.

(Joe dropped the microphone and left the ring, a beaten man.)

---

Davey Richards pinned Nigel McGuiness with the Shooting Star Press in 0:16:33.
Rating: **** 1/4

Jerry Lynn pinned Doug Williams with the Cradle Piledriver in 0:15:16.
Rating: **** 1/4

Mohammed Yone pinned Steve Regal with the Muscle Buster in 0:15:10.
Rating: ***

AJ Styles pinned Dave Finlay with the Styles Clash in 0:20:03.
Rating: ****

Burning (Go Shiosaki, Kenta Kobashi, Shuhei Taniguchi and Tamon Honda) defeated
Christopher Daniels, Matt Sydal, Austin Aries and Roderick Strong when Honda
pinned Sydal with the Dead End in 0:39:59.
Rating: **** 3/4


(Card rating: ****)

---

PWF Showdown IX
June 12, 2009

-PWF World Heavyweight Championship Ranking System:
1.) Kenta Kobashi (PWF World Heavyweight Champion)
2.) Chris Hero
3.) Bryan Danielson
4.) Naomichi Marufuji
5.) Samoa Joe
6.) Homicide
7.) Tamon Honda
8.) BJ Whitmer
9.) Kurt Angle
10.) KENTA

-PWF Intercontinental Championship Ranking System:
1.) CM Punk (PWF Intercontinental Champion)
2.) James Gibson
3.) Christopher Daniels
4.) Go Shiosaki
5.) AJ Styles
6.) Mohammed Yone
7.) Jerry Lynn
8.) Davey Richards
9.) Shuhei Taniguchi
10.) Matt Sydal

-PWF Tag Team Ranking System:
1.) WILD II: Takeshi Morishima & Takeshi Rikio (PWF World Tag Team Champions)
2.) The Second City Saints (The Briscoe Brothers: Jay & Mark Briscoe)
3.) Austin Aries & Roderick Strong
4.) Takeshi Sugiura & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
5.) Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA
6.) Team Tap Out (Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko)
7.) The Shooters (Doug Williams & Nigel McGuiness)
8.) The Shooters (Dave Finlay & Steve Regal)
9.) Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal
10.) Jerry Lynn & AJ Styles

-PWF Quadrathlon Survivor Ranking System:
1.) Second City Saints (PWF Quadrathlon Survivor Champions)
2.) Burning
3.) Samoa Joe, BJ Whitmer, Homicide and John Walters
4.) Christopher Daniels, Matt Sydal, Roderick Strong and Austin Aries
5.) Team Tap Out
6.) The Shooters
7.) Bryan Danielson, Davey Richards, Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles