Wednesday, January 31, 2007

2/11/11: PWF Showdown XXIX

Interview:
Bryan Danielson interview

("The Final Countdown" by Europe played as Team Small Package: Bryan Danielson,
Davey Richards, Austin Aries and Roderick Strong came to the ring to huge boos
from the crowd.)

Bryan Danielson: Bret Hart, I'm sure you're listening intently to what I have
to say which is good. You should be taking notes because you are looking at the
best wrestler in the world! Hitman, you were holding me back and I'm sure you
planned it that way. Bret, way I see it, I owed you when from the deal you
struck with Chris Hero back in 2008. Did you think I forgot how you threw me to
the wayside and tried to end my career. Bret, I've drawn a line in the sand and
it's very simple. It's me versus you. You want a piece of me, come on down. I'm
got a group of me with me this time, Team Small Package. I'd love to see you
make that long, slow walk to destruction. Remember Bret, pain is temporary,
pride is forever and I will never compromise my pride again.

(The fans booed Danielson out of the building. "Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston
played as Bret Hart walked out of the backstage area to the aisle way to huge
cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: Danielson, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. Fact
is, you cost me the PWF World Heavyweight Championship and now you want revenge
for something I did to you years ago. Dragon, I'm sure you can symphatize with
my situation as it's a similar one to which you were up against. Thing is, I'm not going to be getting my ass kicked. I've got a crew of my that is more than
willing to watch my back. Blood is thicker than water and I know I can trust
these men. The three best sharpshooters on the planet, The Hart Foundation.

(Jim Neidhart, Owen Hart and Davey Boy Smith walked out from backstage and
stood with Bret Hart to huge cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: Dragon, any time, any place. Remember, you're dealing with "The
Excellence of Execution." When we hook up this time, there won't be anyone to
pull me off of you. When I get my hands on you, I'll be one administering the
pain.

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as The Hart Foundation left the aisle to
huge cheers from the crowd.)

---

Eddie Guerrero pinned Bruiser Brody with the Frog Splash in 0:26:40.
Rating: ****

Bam Bam Bigelow and Chris Candido defeated
WILD II (Takeshi Morishima and Takeshi Rikio) when Candido pinned Rikio
with the Blonde Bombshell in 0:30:23.
Rating: *****

Elimination Match:
Bryan Danielson, Davey Richards, Austin Aries and Roderick Strong beat
Violence Squad (Stan Hansen, Steve Williams, Terry Gordy and Vader)
4 falls to 0:
x Strong beat S. Williams via the Stronghold in 0:10:51
x Aries beat Vader via the 450 Splash in 0:18:38
x D. Richards beat T. Gordy via the Shooting Star Press in 0:25:05
x Danielson beat Hansen via a small package in 0:40:32
Survivors: Bryan Danielson, Davey Richards, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong
Rating: *** 1/2
(Team Small Package (Austin Aries, Bryan Danielson, Davey Richards and Roderick
Strong) won the PWF Quadrathlon Survivor Championship.)


(Card rating: ****)

---

PWF Showdown XXIX
February 11, 2011

-During the event, Jim Neidhart, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith and Chris Candido
returned to the PWF.

-Following the event, Bam Bam Bigelow left the Violence Squad stable.