Saturday, December 29, 2007

7/8/18: PWF Showdown #142

Interview:
Bret Hart interview

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as the PWF World Heavyweight Champion
Bret Hart came to the ring to huge cheers from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: I've already stated that I will grant the PWF Champions Cup winner
Matt Sydal a title shot and I will live up to that. However, it's save to
assume that in granting Sydal a title shot, I'm also opening myself up to be
screwed over by Kenny Bolin and the entire Bolin Services stable. I'm not out
here looking for help and I've never needed any help, but I will say this to
Bolin Services right now. Bolin, if you or any of your guys get involved in the
decision, I'm not simply going to invoke my re-match clause, I'm going to take
your briefcase and shove it up your ass, making you a star of a different kind.

(The fans cheered Hart as "Holding Out For a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler and the
Kings of Wrestling: Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Kevin Steen and Larry
Sweeney came to the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

Chris Hero: Bret, I know you don't want me out here and I know you don't want
any help, but let's be smart about this. We've been associates in the past and
we've been enemies in the past. I'm sure you recall the latter much more
vividly, but there's no taking away the former. Bret, I'm not out here asking
you to join the Kings of Wrestling again, I'm out here offering you some
protection from Bolin Services. If you go and defend the title against Matt
Sydal blindly, then it's not going to be your title for very long; it's going
to belong to Matt Sydal and Bolin Services. I guess if you can live with that,
then you're a stronger man than I, but I can't live with that. Bolin Services
have already staked their claim as the top stable in the PWF today. No member
of the Kings of Wrestling has defeated a Bolin Services member since they've
got here. Bret...Champ, you know all I have ever wanted is to hold that gold
and now I'm willing to help you defend that gold fairly, all I want in return
is a title match, nothing more and nothing less.

Bret Hart: Hero, it's true, we were partners at one point and I put an end to
that. Now, I don't need a partner and I don't want a partner. Matter of fact, I
can't look at the PWF roster today and find a man I'd even consider as my
partner. Chris, you've always been the guy who uses and abuses people as he
sees fit and right now is an important moment for both of us. Chris, I'm
willing to forgive and forget about the past, but if you fuck me like you've
done in the past to a long list of individuals, then I'm not looking for a
match with you, I'll be looking for a dirt plot for you.

Chris Hero: Champ, I have no reason to fuck you over. All I want is for Matt
Sydal to be treated just as any other challenger for the PWF World Heavyweight
Championship would be-without an advantage.

Bret Hart: Chris, then for now and until I'm finished with Sydal, you and your
boys can make sure that Matt Sydal is on the same playing field as the rest of
the locker room.

(Hart put his hand out for Hero, who shook his hand as the fans cheered. Hart
left the ring to cheers from the crowd as the Kings of Wrestling did the same,
following Hart's exit.)

---

Jack Evans pinned Tiger Mask IV with the 630 Senton in 0:20:08.
Rating: **** 1/4

AJ Styles pinned James Gibson with the Styles Clash in 0:20:58.
Rating: *** 3/4

Interview:
Brent Albright-Adam Pearce interview

("Live To Win" by Motorhead played as the Capital Regime: Brent Albright, Chris
Benoit, Austin Aries and Roderick Strong came to the ring to boos from the
crowd.)

Brent Albright: I don't know about anybody else in the PWF, but following PWF
Champions Cup, I'm feeling so very unsatisfied. Not only did I not walk out as
the Champions Cup winner, to the surprise of not only myself, but that of the
odd-markers, I didn't get my hands on Adam Pearce to finally end his fucking
life!

(The fans booed Albright.)

Brent Albright: It's simply a matter of time, everybody needs to understand. I
took his friend and his tag team partner and had him stab Pearce in the back.
Pearce himself dissolved his then-meaningless stable and all that awaits now is
me stepping on his throat and ending his stay as a member of the PWF and as a
member of the planet earth. Perace, I know you're listening to this and I know
you're preparing to hit the ring just to try and take a swing at me, but
standing around me is what we like to call protection. I'm not stupid like you,
I've got men watching my back to make sure people like you don't try and get
cute with people like me. Pearce, this feud between us does needs to come to an
end and I can think of no better way to end that by one of us saying: I quit!
That's right, Pearce, that's all it's going to take is for me to get you in the
center of the ring and squeeze the life out of your body as you yell those two
words: I quit.

("Limb From Limb" by Motorhead played as Adam Pearce came to the ring to cheers
from the crowd.)

Adam Pearce: Albright, shut your fucking mouth for once in your pathetic life.
If you want a piece of me, all you had to do was ask. I'm standing right here
in front of you by myself, as you stand there flanked by three other men.
You're a fucking turn-coat fucking coward who doesn't deserve the right to step
in this ring. Albright, you want to make me say I quit, you better come up with
something pretty damn good, because it's going to take more than an armbar or a
leglock. You'd better bring a handgun with you and blow my fucking brains out,
because there isn't a snowball's chance in hell, you'll hear me speak those
words you twitch.

Brent Albright: Pearce, for your own safety, I'd recommend you not give me any
ideas.

Adam Pearce: Albright, nothing is going to give me more pleasure than to rip
your heart of out chest and show it to you as you scream and quit like you
should have before you ever got involved with me. I'll see you at the show,
motherfucker.

(Pearce tossed the microphone aside and left the ring to cheers from the crowd
as Albright collected his men and left the ring, following Pearce's exit.)

---

Austin Aries pinned Alex Shelley with the 450 Splash in 0:20:18.
Rating: ****

Christian pinned Roderick Strong with the Unprettier in 0:30:05.
Rating: *****


(Card rating: **** 1/2)

---

PWF Showdown #142
July 8, 2018
Event #439