Tuesday, December 18, 2007

5/5/18: PWF Showdown #137

Interview:
Adam Pearce disbands the Greatest Stable Period

("Limb From Limb" by Motorhead played as the Greatest Stable Period: Adam
Pearce, James Gibson and BJ Whitmer came to the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

Adam Pearce: Stabbed in the back by one of my own. I guess that figures. The
best way to get ahead in the PWF is to do exactly what Roderick Strong did to
me at WrestleWar. Strong, we were tag team partners and then stable mates. You
tossed it all away and sided with Brent Albright. Gibson and Whitmer, this no
longer is the greatest stable period. There is no more Greatest Stable Period.
This is something that I have to do myself with Albright and company. Besides,
if I can't trust Roderick Strong of all people, I can't trust anybody else
either.

(Gibson and Whitmer left the ring, dissolving the Greatest Stable Period.)

Adam Pearce: You happy, Albright? It's me against your Capital Regime now.
There's nobody standing behind me to pull the shit you've pulled in your stay
here in the PWF. Albright, sooner or later, this is going to come to a head and
this is going to end. I only hope you can live with yourself when despite all
of your cunning and scheming, I put an end to your pipedream of being the PWF
World Heavyweight Champion.

(Pearce left the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

---

Chris Benoit made Tiger Mask IV submit to the Crippler Crossface in 0:31:43.
Rating: **** 1/4

Nigel McGuinness and Mike Quackenbush defeated
Can-Am Connection (Alex Shelley and Christian) when McGuinness pinned A. Shelley
with the Tower of London in 0:31:10.
Rating: **** 1/4

Interview:
Bolin Services interview

("Woke Up This Morning" by A3 played as Bolin Services: Kenny Bolin (briefcase
in hand), Matt Sydal, Ken Doane and the PWF World Tag Team Champions Jimmy Rave
& Joey Matthews came to the ring to boos from the crowd.)

Kenny Bolin: Star Maker Bolin is in the house and has found himself some men
who want to be stars in this wretched excuse for a wrestling company!

(The fans booed Bolin.)

Kenny Bolin: That's about right. Booing a man with more brains than the whole
bunch of you put together. I'd recommend you fools sitting on your hands look
up in the ring and take note of the newest stable to hit the PWF: Bolin
Services! It's taken me far too long to come to the PWF, but that's going to
work to my advantage. I'm in the PWF now and with me are the four men you see
in this ring...He is easily the most underrated young star in the PWF past or
present and he is the man with whom I have selected to lead Bolin Services in
singles action: Matt Sydal!

(Sydal posed as the fans booed him.)

Kenny Bolin: Athletic, agile and technically sound. This man was tossed aside,
despite being a former PWF Intercontinental Champion: Ken Doane!

(Doane posed for the crowd as they booed him.)

Kenny Bolin: These two men need no introduction. They are the current PWF World
Tag Team Champions and the hottest new team in the PWF today, Jimmy Rave and
Joey Matthews!

(Rave and Matthews held their title belts in the air as the fans booed them.)

Kenny Bolin: I'm the Star Maker Kenny Bolin and everybody associated with the
PWF better get used to doing things my way or they'll be sent packing with an
imprint of my briefcase across their head! To conclude this fun, it's time for
me to set the wheels in motion for the star making process. PWF Champions Cup
is approaching and at this year's event, Matt Sydal will be entering and I can
guarantee all of you, Matt Sydal is walking out of there as a star!

(Bolin led his Bolin Servcies stable out of the ring to boos from the crowd.)

---

Chris Hero pinned AJ Styles with the Hero's Welcome in 0:30:03.
Rating: *****

Bret Hart and Mistico defeated Jack Evans and Rocky Romero when Mistico
defeated Evans when Evans passed out in the La Mistica in 0:31:04.
Rating: *****


(Card rating: **** 3/4)

---

PWF Showdown #137
May 5, 2018
Event #428