Thursday, February 14, 2008

2/16/19: PWF Showdown #157

Interview:
Adam Pearce interview

("Limb From Limb" by Motorhead played as Adam Pearce came to the ring to cheers
from the crowd.)

Adam Pearce: Brent Albright, PWF World Heavyweight Champion. Speaking frankly,
it disgusts me to state that. However, history can't be changed no matter how
hard somebody tries. Albright, you are the PWF World Heavyweight Champion.
Albright, you beat me at PWF Battle Final and walked out PWF World Heavyweight
Champion with the help of your ace in the hole, Erick Stevens. Albright, I've
got to give you credit; you're one cunning, manipulative individual. In the
end, though, you're nothing more than a scumbag who doesn't know when to cut
the shit. Albright, I was as close as it comes to being PWF World Heavyweight
Champion until it was snatched away from me. I was prepared to have my arm
raised in the air and fulfill my dream as a professional wrestler and it was
snatched away from me. I could run around bitching and complaining, but it
solves nothing. Albright, I was moments away from being PWF World Heavyweight
Champion and you stole it from me. Now, I want it even more. In life, the man
who wants it most ends up with it in the end. Albright, to you, the PWF World
Heavyweight Championship is bragging rights. To me, it's the right of life and
writ of passage. It's all there is and all there can be. Albright, at PWF
SuperClash, it's you against I for the title I sweat and bleed for. Albright,
not even you are going to stand in my way this go-round.

(Albright left the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

---

Alex Shelley pinned BJ Whitmer with the Shell Shock in 0:15:11.
Rating: **** 1/4

Interview:
Brent Albright & Erick Stevens interview

("Live To Win" by Motorhead played as the PWF World Heavyweight Champion Brent
Albright came to the ring with Erick Stevens to boos from the crowd.)

Brent Albright: I'd like to know why a guy like Adam Pearce is scheduled to
wrestle the champion at PWF SuperClash. In all seriousness, Pearce can't even
hold my jockstrap, no matter pin my shoulders to the mat. Pearce, you like to
claim that you had the PWF World Heavyweight Championship won and then Erick
Stevens came along. Pearce, the way I recall it is that you got lucky and
somehow beat a man twice as good as you in Matt Sydal and then were
incapacitated by the Crowbar. Pearce, you've always been a crybaby and it looks
like you always will be. "Scrap Iron," the office says I'm to defend MY
championship belt against you and the more I think about it, the more satisfied
I become, because everybody knows that you don't have what it takes to carry
this strap and you never will. Pearce, you're second place, you're second rate
and you're a second-class citizen inside the squared circle. Pearce! You want to
pretend to be a big shot; fine. PWF SuperClash, I'll show you what happens
when a
big mouth doesn't know when to keep quiet!

(Albright handed the microphone to Stevens as the fans booed.)

Erick Stevens: One month into my stay in the PWF and I have already staked my
claim as the most devastating man on the roster. Chris Benoit, planted for the
victory. Bret Hart, dropped on his head, unable to get up. Adam Pearce, beaten
so badly that he couldn't answer the three count. You're looking at the
"Explosive" Erick Stevens; the man too deadly for a ring and too technically
sound for a cage. Quite frankly, it doesn't matter who is put in front of me.
It doesn't matter the circumstances. Along with Brent Albright, I am the future
of the PWF. The likes of the Gunner and I have surpassed the best of the rest,
all that is rest is playing out the already written script.

(Albright and Stevens left the ring to boos from the crowd.)

---

Ken Doane pinned Kevin Steen with the Guillotine Legdrop in 0:17:07.
Rating: *** 3/4

Interview:
Bret Hart interview

("Hart Attack" by Jim Johnston played as Bret Hart came to the ring to cheers
from the crowd.)

Bret Hart: Being a marked man and being the guy everybody wants to take
themselves to the next level is nothing new to me. Ever since being in the PWF
I have been looked at by all the newcomers as the stepping stone to greener
pastures. I can accept that for what it is. I have no problem accepting the
fact that people like to make a name for themselves by going through me. It's a
compliment, but then again, it's also an insult. Erick Stevens pinned me. He
beat me. I respect the fact that he has the ability to pin my shoulders to the
mat, but that's made me that much hungrier to beat him back. Stevens, you're an
up and comer here in the PWF, there's no taking that away from you, but I'm not
going to stand by and let you and Albright run roughshod over my company.
Stevens, it's been signed and at SuperClash, it's you versus "The Hitman" one
on one. Stevens, I'm going to show you why I am the best there is, the best
there was and the best ever will be and maybe just maybe, you'll learn a thing
or two.

(Hart left the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

---

Giant Bernard and Travis Tomko defeated Jimmy Yang and Kaz Hayashi when Bernard
pinned Yang with the Bernard Bomb in 0:01:06.
Rating: **

Roderick Strong, Brent Albright and Matt Sydal defeated
Bret Hart, Adam Pearce and Mike Quackenbush when Sydal pinned Quackenbush
with the Trigger Effect in 0:32:43.
Rating: **** 1/4

Paul London and Brian Kendrick defeated
Bolin Services (Jimmy Rave and Joey Matthews) when P. London pinned Matthews
with the London Calling in 0:30:09.
Rating: **** 1/4
(Paul London and Brian Kendrick retained the PWF World Tag Team Championship.)


(Card rating: *** 3/4)

---

PWF Showdown #157
February 16, 2019
Event #476

-During the event, the card for PWF SuperClash 2019 was announced:

*PWF World Heavyweight Championship match: Brent Albright (c) vs. Adam Pearce
*PWF Double Crown Championship match: Mike Quackenbush (c) vs. Matt Sydal
*PWF World Tag Team Championship match: Brian Kendrick & Paul London (c) vs. Giant Bernard & Travis Tomko
*PWF Openweight Championship match: Rocky Romero (c) vs. Chris Benoit
*Bret Hart vs. Erick Stevens
*Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli & Kevin Steen) vs. Bolin
Services (Ken Doane, Jimmy Rave & Joey Matthews)
*Can-Am Connection (Chris Jericho & Alex Shelley) vs. BJ Whitmer & AJ Styles
*Can-Am Connection (Edge & Christian) vs. Nigel McGuinness & James Gibson vs. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong