Monday, April 30, 2007

10/10/14: PWF Showdown LXXX

Interview:
Ken Kennedy interview

("In The Black" by Motorhead played as The Kennedy Compound (Ken Kennedy, Nigel
McGuinness and Doug Williams) came to the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

Ken Kennedy: Ladies and gentlemen, you are being introduced to the leader of the
Kennedy Compound. I weigh in at two-hundred and forty-seven pounds. I
hail from Green Bay, Wisconsin. MISTERRRRRRR KENNEDY...KENNEDY!

(The fans cheered.)

Ken Kennedy: I am no longer the PWF Intercontinental Champion. Had Ken Doane
been a man and defeated me clean, one-two-three, I'd tip my hat to you, get
back in the ring and win my title back. Thing is, you're a coward and you had
Nitro, Mercury, Callis, Finlay, Regal and Taylor come at me and won the belt.
Doane, anytime, anyplace. I'm better than you and your antics to win my belt
proves it. The issue that still looms is of a man who has been torn down by
your truly and is looking for any possible spot to try and build himself back
up. Finlay, you know I'm talking about you. Finlay, you used to claim to be a
great leader, an untouchable foe who would win regardless of the circumstances;
how quickly things change. Finlay, all you were about was having me by your
side. You're nothing now. Nothing! Finlay, the day is approaching when we step
back in the ring and when I look you in the eye, that hate will rise up through
my body and there will be nothing left of you, or your pathetic Celtic Gang.

(The Kennedy Compound left the ring to cheers from the crowd.)

---

James Gibson pinned Austin Aries after a DDT in 0:27:24.
Rating: **** 1/2

Interview:
The New Four Horsemen interview

("The Four Horsemen" by Metallica played as The New Four Horsemen: CM Punk,
James Gibson and The Briscoe Brothers: Jay & Mark Briscoe came to the ring to
huge boos from the crowd.)

CM Punk: WOO!

(The fans chanted "Asshole" at Punk.)

CM Punk: You're right, Ric Flair is an asshole.

(Punk bounced off the ropes and strutted across the ring.)

CM Punk: You're "Nature Boy" is standing in the middle of the ring, looking
better than ever. In case all of you ladies in the crowd are wondering, Space
Mountain has been moved. Space Mountain is still the longest line in the park,
except now, it's also alot more functionable! You see, I don't have to beat
anybody. I am the man. To beat me isn't just beating the man, it's beating an
icon, a legend, a true untouchable. Stepping in the ring with me, changes your
life. Being allowed to stand across the ring from me is just as good, if not
better than being PWF World Heavyweight Champion. Ric Flair is gone folks and
in his wake, lives the REAL NATURE BOY, CM PUNK! WOO!

(The New Four Horsemen left the ring to huge boos from the crowd.)

---

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels defeated The Briscoe Brothers when Styles
pinned J. Briscoe with the Styles Clash in 0:25:42.
Rating: **** 3/4

Triangle Match:
Chris Sabin defeated Guido Maritato and BJ Whitmer:
x Whitmer beat Maritato via the Exploder '98 in 0:15:04
x Sabin beat Whitmer via the Future Shock in 0:30:05
Rating: *** 1/2

CM Punk made Roderick Strong submit to a figure-four leglock in 0:35:25.
Rating: *****


(Card rating: **** 1/2)

---

PWF Showdown LXXX
October 10, 2014